About The Role
Simplyhealth is a 150-year-old business with an amazing heritage and history of changing healthcare in the UK. We’re continually modernising, as reflected by the recent award to B-Corp status; something that is very important to our customers and to our people.
We have 2 million customers across our Health and Dental products and with an ever-increasing strain on the NHS, and a cost-of-living crisis, the products that Simplyhealth offer are needed more than ever before. But Simplyhealth have bigger ambitions than that. We’re on a mission to improve access to healthcare for everyone in the UK to help people live their best lives.
As our CRM Lead, you’ll be a key driver in the execution of Simplyhealth’s product-led vision and strategy. You will lead on the strategy, planning, execution, and optimisation across our B2C and B2B CRM activity. You’ll be at the forefront of leading Simplyhealth’s customer journey-building efforts, leveraging your expertise in segmentation, loyalty, and retention to drive engagement and growth. You will be accountable for the digital engagement of prospects and existing customers to deliver on business OKRs.
Leading a CRM team of 5, you’ll ensure innovative approaches are taken to future proof Simplyhealth for customer behaviour trends, whilst testing & scaling best practice across all products.
- Own the strategic design and execution of digital customer engagement to achieve business OKRs, with particular emphasis on retention and loyalty
- Maximise efficacy of existing capability, across data and CRM software to deliver customer engagement targets
- Lead on the future design of customer engagement capability to deliver long term business outcomes, staying up to date on emerging trends and best practices in CRM and data management, and recommend new tools and technologies as appropriate
- Prioritise and schedule production resource to deliver the optimal return for both business & customers
- Be accountable for the design and execution of email marketing campaigns, ensuring that messaging is on brand and aligned with our omni-channel vision, utilising single view of the customer
- Develop and maintain customer segmentation strategies, ensuring that the right messages are reaching the right customers at the right time
- Analyse customer behaviour data to identify opportunities for improving customer engagement and loyalty
- Monitor and report on CRM metrics, using data to continuously improve strategies and tactics
- Work in partnership with Product and Customer teams to ensure the prioritisation roadmap delivers optimal CRM and the delivery of a consistent customer experience
- Manage relationships with external vendors and partners, ensuring that their work is aligned with the organisation's CRM goals and objectives
We’re interested in what you do and how you do things, not when and where you do them. Our ‘smart working’ approach gives you the best of all worlds – working from home, in our modern offices in Hampshire or on the move. This means depending on your role, there will be opportunities to flex when and where you spend your time to perform at your very best. For many of us this means day to day work can be handled remotely, but there will also be times when we need to come together in the office to collaborate, attend training sessions, induction, briefings and more. You might know it as flexible or hybrid working, for us it’s just another day living our best lives!
We’re looking for a confident, supportive leader who sets a clear vision for the future and will seek out opportunities to collaborate across our Marketing, Digital, Product and Customer Service teams to drive acquisition and retention opportunities. The role requires significant experience in building, developing, and managing, a team of skilled marketing professionals. They will have a willingness to undertake new challenges, be flexible, and work across marketing functions with a strong commitment to delivering performance targets, innovation, and digital best practice.
As an experienced CRM leader, you will be passionate about delivering excellent customer experience, displayed through producing and maintaining high standards of work with meticulous attention to detail. You will possess a good balance between creativity and data, taking responsibility for creating and executing effective customer engagement strategies that deliver relevant and intuitive lifecycle touch points and drive loyalty and long-term growth.
You will equally be highly organised, data-driven and inquisitive in nature, with an understanding of the core CRM performance metrics, to deliver performance improvement with a customer-centric focus. The role requires expert knowledge of marketing technology to enable the role holder to champion our use and adoption of automation, audience management, targeting and personalisation.
To Be Considered You Must Have
- Solid experience leading an omnichannel customer marketing function
- Expert knowledge of CRM and data management tools and technologies, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Proven experience in leading the ideation, deployment and optimisation of multi-touch, multi-channel customer journeys
- Strong knowledge of delivering data-driven marketing that takes advantage of audience targeting, automation and personalisation
- Expertise in the utilisation of advanced logic, and data extensions when building programmatic lifecycles
- Strength and confidence in building effective business relationships internally and externally
- Analytical with a strong grasp of market data, competitive analysis, business data.
- A self-starter with an open and honest approach, building strong and collaborative working partnerships
- A confident leader with demonstrable experience developing rock star teams
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
Our Dream Candidate Might Also Have
- Knowledge of the Healthcare sector/ regulated industries
What’s In It For You
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes a discretionary annual bonus, generous pension, 36 days holiday (with the option to buy and sell a further 5 days), a flexible benefits pot (which you can choose to use against some great benefits such as critical illness, private medical insurance, shopping vouchers, pet insurance and more), a Simplyhealth Cash plan or Dental plan, an employee wellbeing programme and shopping discounts.
Your Recruitment Journey
At Simplyhealth we’re focused on providing an application, assessment and onboarding journey that is fair, consistent, diverse and inclusive for all, allowing us to hire top talent based on the skills and behaviours pivotal to your and our success.