PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The global customer engagement team are part of the broader Digital team within the PlayStation central marketing department and is responsible for executing multi-channel digital programmes and campaigns developing a relevant dialogue with tens of millions of customers across the globe.
The Customer Engagement team's primary focus is to leverage the highly engaged database of PlayStation users across and to develop long term relationships and communications primarily through the email channel and social targeting at both a central and territory level, while developing new channels like push messaging and on-console Notifications.
Within PlayStation we are champions of customer centric and data driven marketing and have established continuous test & learn processes to help us provide the business with insights about our customers and their behaviour. We are creative, innovative and technical. We are advanced users of Salesforce Marketing Cloud amongst other tools and platforms and we aim to deliver the most sophisticated, effective marketing programmes in the entertainment industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Campaign & Audience Manager to play a key role in the ongoing transformation of an already successful team.
- Developing a multi-touch point, multi-channel Campaign and Audience strategy for the global digital store and subscription business, spanning email, mobile and other direct messaging channels including social advertising.
- Support and amplify key titles and content to drive awareness and conversion for PlayStation Store.
- Develop campaign and audience strategy which clearly highlights the benefits of PlayStation Plus as a standalone service and value add to PS ecosystem.
- Day to day management of PS flagship newsletters and supporting key campaign titles/ content.
- Work with stakeholders in both the global commercial services and services marketing teams, liaising on campaigns, content and audience planning.
- Requesting channel and cohort-specific content as needed, and/or working closely with cross-functional campaign teams to ensure that we have the best content lined up against our audience targets
- Be a key player in the drive to move to a next best action/message way of working. This will involve working with the MarTech, Platform, AIM and the rest of the Customer Engagement team
- Partner with the Customer Engagement program strategy teams to get the programs built and deployed.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of business goals when building this strategy
- Be an expert in the business for the conception, build and communication of highly targeted Paid Media Audiences for the software area, liaising with Analysts and our Media Agency in the process
- Ensuring detailed campaign and channel performance reports are regularly shared with all stakeholders
- Analyse past priority campaigns and new content release moments to understand the performance of these activities and based on this, clearly define how they will build on the results for the next iteration
- Initiate a global test and learn strategy to optimise the BAU comms effectiveness; feeding all insights gained from the results analysis back in to create a continuous process of testing and refinement
- Plan and lead cross-functional projects through to completion; assessing workloads, judging areas of risk and gauging progress to ensure that objectives and deadlines are met
- Discover new functionality and/or new tools that could elevate the innovation in our communications
- Represent Customer Engagement in territory business summits and educate stakeholders on the benefits of Customer Engagement as a high performing marketing channel
- Keeping up to date with developments and opportunities in the digital marketing world, using this knowledge to keep the company ahead of competitors
- Management of certain agency and supplier relationships where relevant
- Build solid relationships with cross functional teams and ensure brand guidelines are adhered to
What We Are Looking For
- Comprehensive knowledge of CRM and Email marketing - from html to test and learn to Database design and management
- Experience using market-leading CRM tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Campaign, Krux
- Experience of using Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or equivalent
- Previous use and strong understanding of complex data science assets and a knowledge and experience in setting up analysis frameworks and tests
- Proven project management skills and an ability to get things done accurately and at pace
- A digital mindset – you are a digital native who understands the digital marketing ecosystem and the role of Customer Engagement and other digital channels
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the role and impact of Customer Engagement in a large result driven business
- Excellent relationship building skills and an ability to work effectively with diverse teams across a matrix organisation
- Experience in e-commerce and subscription services business
- Educated to degree level in a related discipline such as Business, Marketing or Mathematics and a strong academic record
- Highly organised - able to manage a large workload and progress multiple challenging projects simultaneously thanks to your skill and work ethic
- An expert in B2C CRM with years of experience in an influential role, with strong focus on subscription services and e-commerce
- Customer obsessed – you look at quantitative and qualitative customer insights in order to make decisions and recommend improvements
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and persuade upwards and outwards – comfortable briefing Creatives, Analysts, Engineers, Legal and Senior Management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a proven track record in data-based decision making, and comfortable with financial and operational analysis
- Numerate while also creative and full of ideas for how to change the status quo for the betterment of the team and the organisation
- Constantly pushing to see if there is a better way of doing things
- Comfortable analysing large data sets with excellent Excel skills (SQL not required)
- Passionate about customer marketing, CRM and data
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.