The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
This position is part of a growing Growth Marketing team that aims to discover, inspire, and engage fans worldwide. The CRM Growth Marketing Manager will work on email, in-app, in-browser, and push lifecycle communication programs globally for NBA League Pass and other Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) initiatives. Successful candidates will have experience developing and optimizing multi-channel CRM lifecycle programs that drive acquisition, foster engagement, and minimize churn. You will partner with internal teams and 3rd party agencies to prioritize opportunities and implement campaigns. You are a strategic thinker who can clearly articulate a vision and implement plans. You should be comfortable multitasking to ensure timelines are met, and you’re a naturally curious person who is quick to learn, flexible, and receptive to feedback. Success in this role requires partnering with and influencing cross-functional teams, including regional marketing, product, data, and 3rd party agencies. The ideal candidate will be highly data-driven and able to manage strategic plans and hands-on execution.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for NBA League Pass across all CRM channels (email, in-app, in-browser, push notifications, on-site pop-ups)
- Create and execute lifecycle/marketing automation campaigns that drive key actions across the customer lifecycle.
- Design creative briefs and supervise the development and execution of marketing assets across multiple channels and properties, ensuring creative is on-strategy, on-brand, and routed appropriately for approval.
- Design, manage, and analyze A/B tests to improve conversion continually, retention, and other key performance indicators
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to ensure that key initiatives and features are reflected in communications
- Gather and interpret key intent signals from various channels to support customer insights and develop new initiatives.
- Utilize 3rd party platforms and technologies (i.e., Moveable Ink) for image personalization, live optimization, and advanced campaign testing.
- Collaborate with internal analytics teams to develop program dashboards and testing strategies and streamline reporting and campaign operations.
- Work closely with business leads to customize and optimize lifecycle marketing programs.
- Be part of an innovative team and channel that is passionate about creating outstanding customer experiences.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience developing DTC lifecycle/CRM programs across multiple channels, including research, planning, execution and performance analysis; subscription-based experience a plus
- Knowledgeable on all channels (email, push, in-app, in-browser), best practices, technologies, and industry trends
- Experience in marketing automation strategy with real-life examples of successful subscriber, revenue, and engagement growth at scale
- Highly data-driven and analytical with a test-and-learn demeanor and the ability to turn insights into actions to improve performance
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation, behavior, and consumer insights
- Hands-on experience with an enterprise level ESP and project management tools; Braze a plus
- Operates independently and efficiently to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully without sacrificing attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking with creative solutions to overcome challenges and meet business requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
- Strong collaborator who can work effectively within a matrixed organization to influence and drive results
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
$105,000 - $130,000
The NBA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other third parties. Any unsolicited resume sent to the NBA will be considered NBA property, and the NBA will not pay a fee should it hire the subject of any unsolicited resume.
The NBA considers applicants for all positions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs, and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About The NBA
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 215 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2021-22 season featured a record 121 international players from 40 countries. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 2.1 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.