The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans worldwide.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
This position is part of a growing Growth Marketing team that strives to discover, inspire and engage fans worldwide. The CRM Growth Manager will work on email, in-app, in-browser, and push communication programs globally for NBA League Pass, NBA App, NBA ID (the NBA membership program), and other Direct to Consumer (DTC) initiatives. Successful candidates will have proven experience developing and optimizing multi-channel CRM programs that drive acquisition, cultivate engagement, and minimize churn.
You will partner with internal teams and 3rd party agencies to prioritize opportunities and execute campaigns. You are a strategic problem solver who can articulate a vision and implement plans. You are a multitasker and a naturally curious person who is quick to learn, flexible, and receptive to feedback. Success in this role requires partnering with and influencing cross-functional teams, including, but not limited to, regional marketing, product, and data. The ideal candidate will be data-driven and able to run strategic plans and hands-on execution.
- Work closely with business leads to customize and optimize lifecycle marketing programs
- Build and implement lifecycle/marketing automation campaigns that drive critical actions across the customer lifecycle, with a focus on email, push, in-browser, and in-app
- Develop and implement marketing plans for the NBA subscription and membership programs across all CRM channels
- Partner with team members across the organization to ensure that key initiatives and features are reflected in communications
- Craft creative briefs and be responsible for the development and execution of marketing assets across multiple channels and properties, ensuring creative is on-strategy, on-brand, and routed appropriately for approval
- Design, manage, and analyze A/B tests to improve conversion, retention, and other key performance indicators continually
- Collect and interpret key intent signals from various channels to support customer insights and develop new initiatives
- Collaborate with internal analytics teams to develop program dashboards and testing strategies and streamline reporting and campaign operations
- Be part of an innovative team and channel that is passionate about creating outstanding customer experiences
- 4+ years experience of demonstrated ability developing DTC lifecycle/CRM programs; subscription-based experience, plus 2+ years of experience in multi-channel digital (email, push notification, in-app, in-browser messaging) campaign development, including research, planning, execution, and performance analysis
- Strong collaborator who can work effectively within a matrixed organization to influence and get results
- Experience in marketing automation strategy with real-life examples of successful subscriber, revenue, and engagement growth at scale
- Ability to identify innovative ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation, behavior, and consumer insights
- Highly data-driven and analytical with a test-and-learn mentality and the ability to turn findings into actions to improve performance
- Hands-on experience with an enterprise level ESP and project management tools; Braze is a plus
- Operates independently and efficiently to balance multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and successfully without sacrificing attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking with creative solutions to overcome challenges and meet business requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- $85,000 to $105,000 per year
The NBA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other third parties. Any unsolicited resume sent to the NBA will be considered NBA property, and the NBA will not pay a fee should it hire the subject of any unsolicited resume.
The NBA considers applicants for all positions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs, and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About The NBA
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 215 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2021-22 season featured a record 121 international players from 40 countries. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 2.1 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.