Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we’re just as passionate as we’ve always been about becoming the most loved travel company.
It’s been an uncertain year, for us, for everyone. There’s been ups and downs, some successes, and some sadness. One thing we know for sure – this year has shown that when we combine our brand with the power of amazing people, we make something truly magical.
Virgin Atlantic is still proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we’re famous for, and we’re busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success – so we’re looking for someone brilliant to join our team and help us achieve our vision. Perhaps that’s you? We’d love to find out.
In this exciting role you'll be responsible for managing the Customer Marketing Data platform and the data content, where you'll be interfacing into third party suppliers to bring all “core” CRM enablement in-house over time. You'll possess a deep understanding of our target audiences and the data we hold on them; being accountable for cleansing that data and maintaining its integrity through adherence to GDPR regulation.
On a day-to-day basis you'll work with your CRM Manager peer group, Data & Insights, Technology and broader Digital and Marketing team to bring new campaigns into fruition and coach to understand the broader lifecycle of a campaign. A significant part of the role is focused on defining and then managing the future evolution of our platforms and the data we use to support the Marketing department’s customer engagement strategy.
Day to day
- Campaign build, QC and execution based on CRM team and broader business requirements. Managing the process and understanding the data and system capabilities to deliver targeted and personalised communications
- Drive efficiency in campaign build and execution through templated briefs, workflows, QC and automation of regular communications to reduce time to market
- Define the future strategy, improvements, and definition of the evolution of our platform technology aligned to our Digital plan and wider CRM strategy and ambition
- Be the Go-to expert on future marketing systems technology and competitor information
- Lead platform project work that directly impacts marketing capabilities, and support connecting initiatives
- Responsible for the management of change requests for new capabilities, and supporting wider areas of the business use supporting technology to fulfil their needs
- Work with IT, legal and data protection teams responsible for compliance with GDPR and updates to regulations
- Maintenance and update of current technology platforms working with our technology team and key suppliers
- Working in collaboration with Technology to define and deliver a single customer view prioritising key data sources that deliver the largest value to the business aligned to the CRM and Loyalty strategy
Do you have excellent knowledge, alongside being an expert user of CRM systems (ideally Adobe Campaign) in the build, QC and execution of campaigns? Do you have working knowledge and application of SQL? Are you significantly experienced in delivering sophisticated and personalised CRM programmes? Then this could be the role for you.
Alongside the above we're looking for the below key criteria to be successful in your application:
- Experience in understanding and working with technology teams to enable key data sources to drive CRM activity
- Experience continuously improving processes to drive efficient campaign builds and automation, showing practical examples of reducing time to market and driving better ways of working across the broader CRM team and business
- Proven experience in CRM and data transformation programmes where a key role has been played in influencing the transformation to drive both the prioritisation of requirements and development required to deliver the largest benefit into the business
- Ownership of key system and technology partners and suppliers to drive the maximum benefit from the capabilities within our technology stack and across our data and content management systems
- Someone who loves working collaboratively across key departments and within matrix teams to deliver CRM activity and act as an ambassador for the team and capabilities
Does this sound like you? Then we'd love to hear from you.