vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha’s Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 120 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US.
vineyard vines was founded on a state of mind that Every day should feel this good.
You don’t need to be on a beach, by the ocean or on vacation to have Every day should feel this good moments. It’s a state of mind that we all experience, and one where everyone is invited. At vineyard vines, we don’t just live an #EDSFTG life away from our desks—we bring it to work with us, too.
In our stores, at our Harbor Drive headquarters or working remotely, our company culture is fun, encouraging and welcoming to all. We work hard and play harder, and we never take ourselves too seriously. And while we have many company goals, our number one priority is making vineyard vines a great place to work for all employees.
Our team is our family, and we’d never have grown to where we are today without them.
We’re committed to building an inclusive team across all channels, departments and stores within our community. We hope you’ll join us and see what the smiling pink whale is all about.
The CRM/Email Specialist is a critical player in the overall CRM strategy and program execution for the entire vineyard vines customer database. With a strong focus on customer acquisition, engagement and retention, this position is responsible for supporting and optimizing the customer life cycle through marketing and cross channel efforts. This position is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the email marketing program at vineyard vines, promoting product collections, special events and promotions to vineyard vines customers.
This is a data-driven and detail oriented position that will also be responsible for analyzing the performance around the email program and these customers’ lifetime value to the organization. This position will manage deadlines and ongoing changes to the email calendar. A successful candidate will have a calm yet proactive demeanor and ability to multitask and change course in order to execute campaigns meeting a deadline. This position will work closely with Marketing, Creative, E-commerce and IT/Business Intelligence departments internally. Additionally the role will leverage the marketing database and vendor and related software tools for marketing and analysis.
- Demonstrates passion for the brand, data driven marketing campaigns and consumer analytics
- Execute day-to-day technical email campaign support, ensuring creative content, links, tracking parameters and copy are all correct and email is deployed to appropriate distribution
- Proposed email segmentation to drive incremental visits and revenue growth
- Segment audiences based on customer demographics, engagement, and various predictive models to increase email open rate, click thru, revenue per emailed, and conversion
- Maintain email marketing calendar and promotional email cadence ensuring cross-functional strategy is aligned and thoughtfully represented
- Measure the success of the email marketing program through reporting & analytics
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure email outreach plans meet traffic and revenue projections, adjust as necessary to meet business needs
- Report and present metrics and KPIs on a weekly, quarterly and ad-hoc basis to cross-functional partners, executive board and key stakeholders
- Support CRM leadership in ad-hoc analysis and reporting needs as necessary
- Analyze acquisition of new customers through marketing efforts such as Enter-to-Win, Influencer Giveaways,
- Facebook Like to Buy and Lead Generation, Event Data capture and more
- Manage testing calendar to optimize engagement and KPIs
What You Bring
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field with strong math and analytical skills
- A minimum of one year experience in the marketing and/or retail field
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Extremely attentive to detail and able to proof work multiple times independently
- Excellent at multitasking
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to change courses in fast-paced environment when marketing needs change based on business needs
- Available on phone, text and email during non-work hours to communicate and execute email campaign needs as necessary during non-office hours (this may include: weekends, mornings, and evenings)
- Knowledge of HTML is a preferred skill
- Experience working within an analytics platform such as Adobe Omniture is a plus
Every-day Will Feel This Good Because
- We have a fun-spirited entrepreneurial culture filled with truly “good” people
- We have flexible working hours and work from home days to accommodate your personal life
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat
- We offer a competitive salary package, 401-K, commuter benefits, and paid-family leave, health savings , flex spending accounts, life & disability insurance
- We have an onsite gym as well as health & financial wellness programs to keep you active
- We offer 2 summer Fridays to take off in addition to a competitive vacation policy & holiday calendar