Virginia Beach, VA (or Remote)
Chief Marketing Officer
Are you passionate about the customer lifecycle, Email marketing, and DTC businesses?
As Leesa’s CRM/Email Marketing Manager, you’ll own our email/SMS marketing and retention program. You’ll work directly with our CMO, along with our ecommerce, design, and technical teams to manage the end-to-end customer journey via owned email, SMS, and retention channels. Much of your work will be optimizing and growing our existing program, as well as keeping current and vigilant about changes that impact deliverability and best practices.
You are highly motivated, get excited about email content and a/b testing, and are easy to work with. Keys to success in this role are initiative, collaboration, ownership, and a strong drive to get things done. Working with higher consideration and higher AOV product assortments, such as mattresses, bikes, furniture, is a big plus.
- Own, manage, and grow Leesa’s existing email program flows and seasonal campaigns
- Own, manage, and grow Leesa’s SMS program
- Own, manage, and grow Leesa’s loyalty/referral program
- Obsessively focus on deliverability health and landing in primary inboxes, keeping abreast of all Google or Microsoft releases that impact deliverability
- Own the reporting of your channel metrics for MBRs such as open rates, click rates, attributed revenue, LTV; and provide occasional ad hoc metric requests from your platforms
- Actively segment and clean lists for more personalized content and reduce unsubscribe/spam rates
- Schedule sends, optimize send times, and optimize overall seasonal campaign cadence
- Analyze seasonal email campaign performance and subscription rates to suggest improvements
- Perform regular tests and QA sends of new campaigns
- Create and manage subject line and email body A/B tests
- Research and recommend optimized strategies and templates for email/SMS/retention by collaborating closely with our design/content team, e-comm team, and technical team to ensure all elements of flows and campaigns are optimized
- Manage campaign calendars and briefs related to your channels
- Manage the email service provider relationship and act as subject matter expert
- A commitment to embrace the company’s mission-centric culture through alignment of personal behaviors with the company’s core values
- 5+ years in CRM / email marketing for eCommerce in related industries
- Demonstrated success managing and scaling an email and retention program
- Deep understanding of the conversion funnel in owned channels
- Extensive understanding of ESPs and the nuances around deliverability
- Experience owning channel metrics, e.g., Open Rates, Click Rates, and LTV
- Highly organized with the ability to work both independently and as an effective member of a team
- Solid design aesthetic and copywriting skills, with a passion for subject lines, enticing content, and compelling CTAs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Office environment – no special conditions
- Virginia Beach, or fully remote, with preference for Eastern Time Zone
- Flexible nature to manage competing and changing priorities
- Some travel to support business and social impact events and activities
This job is a Remote (work from home) position
Based in Virginia Beach and launched in 2015, Leesa is an innovative, fast-growing e-commerce mattress brand, challenging the traditional mattress industry with premium sleep products. Leesa is driven by its social mission as much as its performance goals. Leesa has donated over 40,000 mattresses since our launch, continuing to donate through our network of shelters and mission-partners that help homeless individuals, youth, and families have a better place to sleep.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This job description should not be interpreted to be a complete list of all the duties, qualifications and responsibilities performed by the jobholder. To maintain organizational flexibility, management has the discretion to add, drop or change at any time the duties, responsibilities, and expectations of this job. This job description does not constitute an offer of employment, continuous employment, or an employment contract.