Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2019, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fifth year running.
Our Email Marketing Manager will assist in constructing the high-level communication strategy (email, SMS, direct) and day-to-day execution of our Jackson Family Wines DTC businesses in coordination with key business stakeholders. This role requires exceptional strategic and organizational skills in order to ensure the outbound communication needs of each unique business is understood and supported. Advanced knowledge of email marketing and CRM is also required to drive strategy and day-to-day operational guidance as to the best ways to promote via direct communication.
You will manage the day-to-day email and direct communications program planning, development, approval and deployment process to help drive our customer engagement and sales. This role will help us to maintain and further develop our existing email marketing program with a focus on qualified customer database acquisition, lifecycle trigger programs and the evolution of segmentation & personalization strategies. This individual is a key contributor to driving sales, engagement, retention and retargeting via CRM and email and should be results-driven with exceptional attention to detail and knowledge of email metrics and ROI analysis. As this role is directly leading the advancements of our key direct-to-consumer experiences, it also contributes to our vision and growth the future of direct-to-consumer at Jackson Family Wines.
- Develop overall plan to coordinate cross-functional editorial planning and define efficient processes to conduct all aspects of automated email and direct marketing campaigns and newsletters, including production workflow, legal compliance, campaign scheduling, targeting/list segmentation, campaign testing/design (test and control, factorial design, sampling, etc.), and post-campaign analysis
- Traffic work requests in Basecamp; ensuring projects are ready for production, enforcing SLAs and best practice.
- Manage email lists, data extensions and data integration between our email service provider (Salesforce Marketing Cloud) and current/future order management/CRM technology
- Proactively monitor our email KPIs (open rates/click-through/deliverability/etc.) and provide analysis of marketing campaigns and recommendations for enhancing effectiveness
- Preserve sender reputation with email clients by monitoring inbox deliverability, unsubscribe/spam complaint rates, and other deliverability metrics
- Identify data needed to personalize and customize dynamic content for each customer segment
- Oversee the creation and execution of data driven, dynamic automated campaigns and deliver highly targeted/segmented marketing campaigns, life-cycle messages, retention/reactivation programs, and loyalty building communications
- Must have the ability to articulate and champion email marketing best practices including deliverability, mobile optimization, browser compatibility, etc.
- Passionate about consumer marketing and stays up-to-date with industry trends for tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Understand CRM systems/data and effectively translate this knowledge into solutions that automate processes and increase our ability to dynamically personalize existing and prospect communications
- A thorough understanding of the end-to-end consumer experience/journey, with ability to identify pain points, recommend solutions and identify overall gaps/seams in the broader consumer experience
- Oversee and direct three Email Marketing Associates and the development and execution of all direct communications
- A self-starter and proactive
- Able to work well independently as well as part of a team
- A relationship builder and collaborative
- Good at communicating both verbally and in written form
- Able to organize and prioritize workload while managing to deadlines
- BS or BA required and minimum of 5-7 years of experience in managing CRM/Email Marketing programs
- Prior experience in working with an email service provider, managing a daily email/SMS campaign and reporting on results is required
- Previous experience implementing an email automation tool is required
- Solid communications/presentation skills and the ability to work in a fluid corporate work environment with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM requirements, segmentation, performance metrics, etc.
- Understanding of HTML and email design best practices across desktop, mobile and tablet
- Demonstrated success in managing high volume integrated email marketing programs for consumer audiences
- Experience with Exact Target/Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience with REST API, AMPscript, Audience Builder, Content Builder, Contact Builder, Journey Builder, Marketing Cloud Connect, and Data Extensions Salesforce Marketing Cloud Implementation and Administration
- HTML skills and experience with HTML editor tools
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
If you have a curious mind and are always questioning how things can be done better, the ability to take risks and accept new challenges, join us.