Would you thrive working on a highly visible, business critical project, which has the backing of all colleagues within the business?
Are you looking to build up your skills across Braze, Liquid, HTML and CSS, with an organisation who see the value in developing their colleagues?
Then the CRM Email Developer role with Moneysupermarket Group is for you!
Why join CRM Solutions?
Money Supermarket Ltd (MSM) is part of the Money Supermarket Group (MSMG), which includes the complementary but separate companies MoneySavingExpert (MSE) and Travel Supermarket (TSM), all with the mission to save individuals and households money across their everyday expenditure.
This role will be responsible for working across both the Money Supermarket and MoneySavingExpert brands.
MoneySuperMarket Group helps over 20 million visitors make the most of their money each month. In 2019 we helped UK households save over £2 billion on a wide range of products and services, from Motor Insurance, Credit Cards, Energy to Package holidays.
MSE is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially led information about all things money. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. In addition, Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills.
MSMG is now at a pivotal and exciting juncture in its purpose to help save customers money. The business has invested in new marketing technology and the migration to a new WoW has already begun with the aim of creating a leading platform set-up for our customers and providers, whilst ensuring a highly targeted and personalised customer experience at all times.
The CRM Solutions team has a keen focus on looking for innovations and optimisations wherever possible to create solutions which are repeatable, scalable and efficient. In addition, the team has a key role to play in delivering the new strategic initiatives that will both accelerate our core business, as well as helping to launch and develop innovative new customer or provider focused propositions.
Why this role?
The role is key to driving the performance of our CRM campaigns across two of the MoneySuperMarket Group brands: MoneySuperMarket and MoneySavingExpert. As one of two CRM Email Developers, your role will be pivotal in supporting the migration to our new CRM platform Braze, as well as the scoping, design and implementation of new initiatives and optimisations, working closely with the Product, Tech Services and Data teams.
The CRM Solutions team has a commitment to complementary skillsets and learning and development is a key focus. As a CRM Email Developer you will have ownership over the build and set-up of multi-channel campaigns (e.g. email, SMS, content cards) but will also be empowered to skill up in other areas such as simple data coding for test data creation using Postman or additional scripting languages such as Liquid. The goal of complementary skillsets is to enable the team to be flexible in working together or independently depending on the need, and to create a frictionless, bottleneck free WoW.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on email marketing campaigns (preferably B2C CRM).. We need a quick learner with solid technical skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to excellence to help us deliver game-changing campaigns.
What will you be doing?
- Work on projects independently and manage own time effectively
- Participate in campaign planning sessions, advising on delivery timelines as well as resource capacity
- Creating complex, efficient and reusable email templates with mobile responsive functionality
- Use Liquid and other scripting languages to develop highly dynamic, data driven campaigns
- Build out responsive landing pages and microsites using HTML5 and CSS3
- Support the implementation of new automated email initiatives
- Understand the intention and goal of a campaign and provide consultative solutions to stakeholders in a timely manner for better campaign effectiveness
- Participate in the creation and documentation of standard practices and long-term solutions to help with efficiency and accuracy, developing sound setup standards, guides and processes
- Always keeping on trend with innovation, techniques, experimental hacks and using that knowledge to improve our campaign estate as well as regularly sharing updates around the wider team
- Actively participate in continuous optimisations.
- Working with internal design teams and external email partners on technical developments and briefs
What do we need from you?
- The ability to hand code HTML email
- Liquid, SSJS
- Strong experience with image and HTML coding optimization for email
- Expert in cross-platform email techniques for major email clients such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, and Apple Mail, etc.
- Understanding of all major web browsers and the special considerations required for their various quirks
- Experience using testing tools such as Litmus and Return Path
- Experience with personalization and dynamic content coding for email
We're an inclusive, anti-racist and equal opportunity employer that values diversity. This means we respect and embrace differences in gender identity, race, ethnic origin, sexual expression and orientation, religion and faith, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, social background, education and way of thinking. We’re a place where you can be you.
Our customers and users come from different backgrounds, as do our colleagues. We welcome applications from everyone, and particularly encourage women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates to apply as we’re actively building representation that’s more closely reflective of the communities we serve. Our appointments are made on merit, following a robust and objective assessment process, and the candidate with the highest score is offered the role. If you’re passionate about our purpose of helping households save money and excited about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
London W1D 3RB