Money Supermarket Ltd (MSM) is part of the Money Supermarket Group, which includes the complementary but separate companies MoneySavingExpert (MSE) and Travel Supermarket (TSM), all with the mission to save individuals and households money across their everyday expenditure.
This role will be responsible for working across both the Money Supermarket and MoneySavingExpert brands.
MoneySuperMarket Group helps over 20 million visitors make the most of their money each month.
In 2019 we helped UK households save over £2 billion on a wide range of products and services, from Motor Insurance, Credit Cards, Energy to Package holidays.
MSM is now at a pivotal and exciting juncture in its purpose to help save customers money, with a key focus for the CRM team on expanding our personalisation capabilities, as well as working with our agency partner to help build upon our new brand identity through the line.
In addition, the CRM team has a key role to play in delivering the new strategic initiatives during 2020 and beyond that will both accelerate our core business, as well as helping to launch and develop innovative new customer propositions.
MSM’s CRM was traditionally product and transaction email focused, but the organisation has invested in multi-channel automation tools (Salesforce) to deliver a more customer-centric personalised approach to help our customers to save more money on their household expenditure.
MSE is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially led information about all things money. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. In addition, Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills.
Why Our Role?
The role is key to driving the performance of our CRM campaigns across two of the MoneySuperMarket Group brands: MoneySuperMarket and MoneySavingExpert. You will be the CRM Creative Lead, responsible for campaigns across our channel verticals (Money, Insure, Home Services) in our CRM creative team working in a fun, collaborative and results orientated team reporting into the Group Senior Creative Lead.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on email marketing campaigns (preferably B2C CRM) across both design and technical development. We need a quick learner with an eye for creative, solid technical skills, enthusiasm, a commitment to excellence, and a passion for email marketing to help us deliver game-changing campaigns.
- You will work closely with the CRM Creative Designer & Copywriter within the creative team as well as CRM Planners, Campaign Execs and our wider UX/UI and design teams to help us deliver best in class campaigns, that embody our brand ethos of ‘Get Money Calm’, ensuring consistency across campaigns from offsite to onsite. Championing new ideas and presenting concepts to the team and supporting creative colleagues. You should be comfortable in a rapidly-changing environment, exhibit strong initiative and able to handle multiple concurrent projects.
What will you be doing?
- Work on projects independently and manage own time effectively
- Participate in campaign planning sessions, advising on delivery timelines as well as resource capacity
- Creating complex email templates with mobile responsive functionality
- Use Ampscript and other scripting languages to develop highly dynamic, data driven campaigns
- Build out responsive landing pages and microsites using HTML5 and CSS3
- Support the implementation of new automated email initiatives
- Understand the intention and goal of a campaign and provide consultative solutions to stakeholders in a timely manner for better campaign effectiveness
- Participate in the creation of standard practices and long-term solutions to help with efficiency and accuracy, developing sound setup standards, guides and processes
- Always keeping on trend with innovation, techniques, advancements and experimental hacks, using that knowledge to improve our campaign estate as well as regularly sharing updates around the wider team
- Carrying out research and development on a variety of topics, scoping of work
- Look for opportunities for improvement in development and the design process in order to evolve the email offering
- Provide sound best practice direction and solutions to email campaign related challenges
- Actively participate in the continuous optimisation across campaigns, including design, delivery and production
- Be the brand guardian for CRM – ensuring all campaigns deliver Money Calm
- Working with internal design teams and external email partner Salesforce on technical developments and briefs
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Adobe photoshop,
- 3+ years writing HTML, CSS
- The ability to hand code HTML email
- Ampscript, SSJS
- Strong experience with image and HTML coding optimization for email
- Expert in cross-platform email techniques for major email clients such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, and Apple Mail, etc.
- Understanding of all major web browsers and the special considerations required for their various quirks
- Experience using testing tools such as Litmus and Return Path
- Experience with personalization and dynamic content coding for email
- A team player who is willing to go the extra mile for your colleagues
- Highly organized and able to prioritise and optimise your workload with minimal supervision
- Committed to accurate and excellent delivery of all tasks – no matter how big or small
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, and able to set priorities
- Professional in both verbal and written communication
- A forward thinker who can anticipate and avoid problems before they arise
- Consistently able to meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- An excellent and inquisitive troubleshooter
- A natural problem-solver who thrives on challenge
- Willing to work on new challenges but remain focused on your regular duties
- Proactive and uses own initiative without waiting to be prompted
- Interpersonal skills to develop and strengthen relationships across job functionalities
- The ability to communicate your progress, complete expected key results efficiently, and manage many projects
- Previous user of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Products.
- SQL knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of wider personal finance/consumer issues and products.
- Recent experience of working in a Financial Services / dotcom / e-commerce company.
- Experience of a variety of commercial and IT environments and the ability to apply relevant learnings at Moneysupermarket.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.