Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a CRM Email Developer to join the Marketing Team in our Los Angeles office.
About the Role:
We are looking for a CRM Email Developer to join Honey’s Marketing team reporting to the Head of CRM. The ideal candidate has experience developing ad-hoc and triggered emails within an enterprise-sized ESP.
We have an exciting and innovative roadmap for CRM email communications and will need the help of this CRM Email Developer to build out new email designs, optimize current emails, and code up some innovative dynamic modules & features. This role will also have creative experience enabling them to move quickly on an email design by modifying and optimizing existing creative assets.
What You'll Do:
As a CRM Email Developer you will:
- Use your expertise in HTML / CSS to build out mobile-optimized ad-hoc and triggered email campaigns
- Utilize project briefs and assets including wireframe designs, images, copy, and URLs
- Work hands-on within the ESP platform to build out new email templates, modify existing programs, and create modular designs to be used across multiple programs
- Troubleshoot rendering issues and make minor adjustments to code as needed
- Follow a QA process to ensure emails are accurate according to briefs and render successfully on preferred email clients
- Assess current programs and give feedback on modifications needed to ensure they are optimized based on your expertise
- Use your email design skills to modify and optimize existing creative assets for use in projects
- Ability to build design elements from scratch using CSS styling based on email design brief
- Contribute to new project design ideas using your expertise on best practices for email designs
Configuration / Deployment
- Ensure required tracking parameters are appended to all URLs
- Have exposure to:
- Build out dynamic audiences for use in email sends
- Set up A/B tests
- Create customized multi-email journeys & workflows
- 5+ years experience in email front-end development
- Enterprise-level ESP platform experience (Experience working in ITERABLE preferred)
- Experience with dynamic content areas a plus
- Proficient with HTML and in-line CSS; Experience with Handlebars a plus
- Experience building mobile responsive email designs preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to be flexible with project timelines
- Ability to interface with internal teams including Marketing, Creative, and Product
- A self-starter with strong work ethic – goes the extra mile without being asked
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an instinct for moving quickly and iterating rapidly
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.