Currently full-time remote. Must reside in able to commute to Irvine, CA on a hybrid basis in the future.
SEGA. . . What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series? . . .
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs – something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There’s never been a more exciting time in the company’s history to join SEGA!
The CRM Director will develop, manage, and execute campaigns that will enrich and nurture SEGA of Americas relationship with its players as it relates to lifecycle management. This role will work with all business units, game developer studios and platforms to support customer acquisition, retention and measurable lifts in performance. As a key member of the Publishing team, you will help to strategically develop and manage a roadmap for online experiences, email, and other activities that support our consumer marketing initiatives. You must be well versed in industry trends, best practices and analytics as this role will work collaborate with IT, Creative Services & Business Intelligence teams. You will be key contributor to helping us understand our user base, segments and associated data.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Take a pivotal role in defining SEGAs CRM technology stack and consumer value proposition. Collaborate cross-functionally and be a leading voice on business, operational and technical requirements.
- Lead customer engagement strategy, planning, optimization, and measurement across all consumer marketing platforms and customer experiences.
- Champion database growth with a rigorous focus on expanding/optimizing customer touchpoints, securing registration incentives and minimizing churn.
- Create customer lifecycle marketing programs to attract, engage, and retain gamers across our digital platform and business units.
- Strategically collaborate with cross-functional teams to build on-going subscriber value through rewards, loyalty programs and personalized content.
- With the data science team quantify the value of a customer registration. Use to support future investment, resource and database growth strategies.
- Establish a strong reporting structure using various data points that help provide quick and digestible insight into who are users are and more.
- Develop a strategic communication plan and schedule working with marketing leads and content curators.
- Incorporate specific tactical programs and/or content strategies in lifecycle plans to drive user engagement, retention, and monetization when applicable.
- Interface with marketing and creative teams to help define and develop emails and other direct response-oriented executions.
- Establish segmentation definitions and rules for cross promotion on platforms, with brands and other data points.
- Optimize reports, stats and database segment analysis for business units to review in an effort to better understand our customers and downstream performance.
- Structure A/B and/or multivariate tests to optimize communications.
- Identify industry trends and opportunities for innovation and optimization.
Qualifications And Skills
- 7-10+ years of online marketing experience with demonstrated success in CRM marketing and online engagement programs.
- A strong understanding of entertainment and/or video game industry required.
- Strong written & presentation communication skills.
- Management experience including experience influencing leadership, cross-functional teams, and people who aren't reporting directly to you.
- Strong knowledge operational knowledge of email service providers Customer.io, Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp, Constant Contact or related enterprise level tools.
- Understanding of customer data platforms, their capabilities and architecture mParticle, Salesforce, Tealium, Segment.io or related enterprise level tools.
- A strong understanding and background in marketing communication principals.
- A strong understanding of direct marketing and how it can be used to drive engagement.
- Experience in translating customer needs into product focus areas and requirements.
- Solid understanding of GDPR essential, and knowledge of COPPA law preferable.
- Good understanding of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
- Experience with and understanding of web and e-mail tracking technology.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.