At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
Position Summary: This position is part of an expanding Growth Marketing team with the mission to discover, inspire and engage fans around the world. The CRM Development & Operations Manager will be responsible for working on email, in-app, and push communications globally for NBA League Pass and other Direct to Consumer (DTC) initiatives. Successful candidates will have hands-on experience driving strategy and development of scalable templates and components across key CRM channels. You should have strong HTML/CSS skills and can autonomously define, build and deploy a suite of digital assets that are customizable, agile, and scalable. You will need to be a strong communicator who can earn trust with key stakeholders across multiple teams. Success in this role requires partnering with and influencing cross-functional teams including product, data, international, and 3rd party agencies. The ideal candidate for this role can think strategically and execute flawlessly.
- Code responsive emails for various promotional, lifecycle, and transactional campaigns using the latest HTML and CSS email oriented best practices
- Create and deploy highly-personalized, scalable and dynamic multichannel (email, push, in-app) campaigns and automation programs
- Develop a robust library of channel assets and templates to enable self-service creation by marketing managers
- Act as a technical liaison for marketing with our product and marketing tech partners
- Stay current with email delivery best practices to maximize inbox placement, responsiveness, and accurate rendering across all major email clients and devices
- Utilize 3rd party platforms and technologies (i.e. Moveable Ink) for image personalization, live optimization and advanced campaign testing
- Be part of an innovative team and channel that is passionate about creating exceptional customer experiences
- 3-4+ years of email development and/or direct marketing experience; subscription-based experience is a plus
- Expert knowledge in email HTML and CSS
- Experience creating responsive, adaptive, and fluid/hybrid emails
- Working knowledge and understanding of media queries and email scripting languages such as Liquid template language
- Understanding of relational data architecture concept and data types
- Knowledgeable on all channel (email, push, in-app) best practices, technologies, and industry trends
- Understanding of global compliance regulations (CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR, etc.)
- Experience with an enterprise level ESP and project management tools; Braze a plus
- Operates independently and efficiently to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and successfully, without sacrificing attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking with creative solutions to overcome challenges and meet business requirements
- Strong collaborator who can work effectively within a matrixed organization to influence and drive results
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
- Experience using design software such as Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred