Founded in 1992 in Dover, NH, Planet Fitness is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States by number of members and locations. We have over 2,400+ stores in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Panama, Mexico, and Australia. More than 90% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business men and women.
At Planet Fitness, our unique mission has always been to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment. And we’re proud of the amazing Planet Fitness team that supports our clubs and team members. They are comprised of dynamic, dedicated, and talented individuals who represent our values of integrity, transparency, passion, respect, and excellence (while having fun!) in everything they do.
Joining the PF family means being part of a company that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of our communities. It means being a part of a supportive, engaging workforce with an inclusive culture that values diversity and creates an environment where everyone can feel they belong. It means encouraging professional growth and development. It means making true, lasting connections with your co-workers with celebrations, team building activities and engaging corporate events! It means creating a positive impact in our local communities through our Judgement Free Generation® philanthropic initiative. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud of!
For the past 30 years, we’ve helped millions of people in their fitness journey and revolutionized the industry along the way. And we’re just getting started!
The CRM Developer will be a key resource at Planet Fitness, working directly with our Digital Communications team and Data Engineering department. As our CRM Developer, you will be responsible for assessing, designing, enhancing, and maintaining the architectural structure of our CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), to ensure the solution meets the evolving needs of the organization and intricacies of a growing consumer engagement channel.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience assessing and implementing SFMC products and plugins – designing and building data models, extensions, and orchestrating email journeys, working in conjunction with business stakeholders to contribute technical designs to align with a platform roadmap, and knowledgeable on necessary features needed to support program goals. As our CRM Developer, you will have a unique opportunity to help drive the direction of an established but evolving CRM and build out best in class tooling while working with a team of talented and experienced professionals with an exciting vision for the direction of the commercial electronic message marketing strategy.
- Lead engineering efforts to design, build, extend, and support all aspects of the digital consumer communications using SFMC.
- Improve oversight and support of SFMC from a technical perspective for day-to-day operations and new work/builds/integrations with 3rd parties.
- Collaborate with cross functional business partners to develop technical solutions utilizing SFMC tools: Journey Builder, Data Extensions, Automation Studio, Content Builder, Ad Studio, Mobile Studio, Audience Builder, Marketing Cloud Connect, Analytics Builder and Datorama.
- Responsible for ensuring data quality, ensuring data is passed correctly to SFMC and data handling follows best practices and fulfills business requirements.
- Support the Digital Communications team leveraging SFMC to improve member experience and communications.
- Oversee the technical implementation of new electronic communication journeys to support onboarding, member upgrades, retention, reacquisition, and churn prevention.
- Support marketing and transactional electronic communications programs.
- Responsible for building campaigns utilizing the company’s Customer Data Platform to create segments of audience lists utilizing SQL.
- Map Data across multiple data sources, driving standardization and creating workflows that support personalization in customer communications.
- Partner on Google Analytics integrations with SFMC, supporting national and local marketing reporting.
- Responsible for adhering to, participating in, and enhancing the QA process through thorough attention to detail while being a champion for quality control.
- Be directly involved in developing business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration and testing, and administration.
- Thoroughly and concisely document business processes and technical solutions.
- Translate technical documentation into business terminology for leadership communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Highly skilled in data analysis and troubleshooting
- 5+ years' experience with building and maintaining a sophisticated, multi-channel (web, SMS/text, mobile push) communication framework on Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- 5+ years’ experience with Salesforce.com Sales-cloud objects and integrations
- Certifications in Salesforce products a plus: Marketing Cloud Developer, Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
- List management and segmentation experience required
- Understanding of CAN-SPAM and TCPA regulations, accessibility, and email development best practices
- Enterprise Data Opt in/Opt Out implementation experience
- Experience tracking and engaging with customers and prospects; Google Analytics experience beneficial
- Demonstrated experience partnering with other technical resources (internal and external) to implement Salesforce Marketing Cloud customizations
- Ability to translate technical documentation into business terminology for leadership communications
- Extremely detail-oriented, efficient, and organized with an exceptional ability to manage time effectively and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Able to establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships with diverse individuals, internally and externally
- Creative, progressive, thought leadership with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Dedicated learner with a natural curiosity for consistent growth
- Exhibits comfort, ease, and flexibility working in an extremely fast-paced ever-changing, deadline-driven environment
- Cooperative team player with an upbeat, positive, “can-do” attitude!
- Ability to work off-hours and provide on-call support as needed
- Hybrid workplace
- Early release Fridays
- Volunteer days off
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, pharmacy, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation/holiday pay
- 401(k) Retirement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Childcare reimbursement
- Pet care reimbursement
- Learning and development programs
- Discount programs, including vacations, theme parks, shopping, meal delivery services & much more
- Free Black Card membership and fun exercise incentives
- Company-sponsored social events
- Access to our gym at headquarters, complete with locker rooms and Black Card area
- Delicious, healthy breakfast and lunch options served at our headquarters café