BBC iPlayer is one of the UK’s most recognised entertainment brands and achieved its strongest ever quarter ever at the beginning of 2022 with viewers streaming programmes a record-breaking 1.83 billion times. It brings audiences the latest live and on-demand TV across web, mobile app and connected smart TV. From hit shows like Peaky Blinders and The Apprentice, to big live events such as the upcoming Glastonbury Festival, it’s an exciting time to join the BBC iPlayer team.
BBC News is the UK’s most visited news site and a trusted and respected source of impartial news for millions of people. It’s at the forefront of the world’s journalism and a part of millions of people’s daily routine and the go to site for breaking news and at occasions of national importance.
We’re looking for a talented CRM Co-ordinator to join our expanding Direct Audience Engagement Team.
The campaigns you work on will regularly reach millions of users and help drive deeper engagement with iPlayer and BBC News by helping our audiences discover the best content for them through personalised suggestions. You’ll get to profile and target using an enviable data set of identity, behavioural and content affinity targeting options, and use dynamic publishing to personalise content suggestions in via email, mobile app push notifications and paid social advertising.
This role is also very creative, as you’ll be writing copy, choosing imagery and helping design engaging animations.
Ideally, you’ll have about one year’s email marketing and a huge willingness to develop your wider CRM, multi-channel and database marketing skillset to the next level. Good organisation is key as you’ll be working in a hectic and fast-paced environment, balancing lots of different campaigns and working with many teams across the BBC.
If this is all ticking your boxes, we have a brilliant CRM Co-ordinator position for you.
- Use Salesforce Marketing Cloud to build, target, test and deploy end-to-end email and push notification campaigns
- Research and curate newsletters building a deep knowledge of the content available
- Use diverse data sets and scoring models for list segmentation, audience profiling and contact targeting with AMPscript
- Create and build audiences from 1 st party data to support paid social campaigns
- Write copy, choose/edit images and design image transition animations
- Help produce campaign performance reports and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Assist with wider team administration duties from time to time
- Work with internal stakeholders across marketing, editorial, product and production teams to request assets
Are you the right candidate?
- Strong communication skills, you will be working collaboratively in a busy team and handling requests from multiple stakeholders
- You are organised, with the ability to think and plan ahead, updating and maintaining a campaign calendar
- It is essential that you can write clear, succinct and engaging copy for email and push notifications
- A willingness to learn about databases, a major part of the role involves dicing and slicing our database, using diverse data sets for segmentation and contact targeting
- Good attention to detail is essential, proofreading and QA are major components of the role
- Familiar with Excel as you will be recording and comparing results and devising A/B testing plans
- You will also possess at least basic HTML coding skills, enabling you to populate email templates and make minor amends
- Some Photoshop experience desirable as you will be cropping and resizing images on a daily basis
- You have experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (e.g. or similar email deployment tool e.g. Adobe Campaign)
- Interest in the BBC and good knowledge of its product propositions would be very helpful
- You’ll need a good level of general knowledge, be interested in the latest cultural and current affairs and have a demonstrable interest in the media, sport, entertainment and current affairs
- Willing to travel to the BBC Manchester every now and again
Contract type: Permanent
Location: White City, London
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application.
There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About The BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.