Expedia Group is a leading global technology company with a mission to make travel easier for everyone. Our portfolio of brands includes some of the world's most trusted online travel agencies, providing an extensive range of travel options to millions of travelers worldwide. As a Customer Engagement solutions Manager at Expedia Group, you will play a key role in driving marketing outcomes and leveraging your expertise in Salesforce Marketing Cloud to create exceptional customer experiences.
You will work in a truly customer-focused organization and bring the depth of thinking to solve problems and drive incremental business value through the direct communication channels.
What You’ll Do
- Marketing Strategy and Salesforce Marketing Cloud Expertise
- Develop and support innovative marketing strategies using Salesforce Marketing Cloud to enhance customer engagement, acquisition, and retention in partnership with production and comms owners
- Guide Communication Owners on Salesforce Marketing Cloud functionalities for email marketing, automation, data segmentation, and personalized customer journeys
- Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, investigating issues and finding efficient solutions to drive successful campaign execution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities and challenges, resolving them promptly to ensure seamless marketing operations
- Participate in discovery sessions with project teams to understand data requirements needed to support solution implementations
- Navigate complex data structures and leverage data insights to optimize marketing efforts, driving higher ROI and customer satisfaction
- Utilize data analytics and performance metrics to measure campaign success and make data-driven decisions
- Lead a team of marketing and development professionals, providing mentorship, guidance, and fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation
- Collaborate closely with marketing stakeholders, technology teams, and external partners to align strategies and achieve common goals
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to marketing, development, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, new marketing tactics, and innovative approaches to stay ahead in the competitive market
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience working with CRM data
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and development, with proven expertise in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience with structuring customer and business problems and solutions to address, determining tangible actions and driving forward the execution of initiatives to solve problems
- Basic understanding of data concepts like relational data, data types, variables, data transformation, ETL's, etc.The candidates must be able to conceptualize how data flows, where it comes from, transforming it to be useful in marketing comms
- The ability to speak with both technical people like software engineers and non-technical people like marketing managers, and the ability to bridge the gap and "translate" between the two groups
- Ability to work in a very dynamic environment and keep track of constantly changing requirements, data sources, and intersecting projects
- Proficiency with productivity software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Confluence, and Jira
- Experience with data security (including PCI, PII data), as well as CCPA and GDPR privacy laws and regulations
- Intimate knowledge on how data is used to power outbound communications in B2C
- Technical experience in cloud and big data technologies
- Self-starter who enjoys taking on challenging problems and operationalizing solutions
- Previous success building strong partnerships and relationships with clients/stakeholders in a wide range of roles and levels, across the institution
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to simplify and communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly
- Strong relationship and facilitation skills both within diverse engineering and global cross-functional organizations
The total cash range for this position in Austin is $104,000.00 to $145,500.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $166,500.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership. View our full list of benefits .
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.