About the job
In April 2019, the Club opened a new 62,303-seat technologically advanced stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and as a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, rugby, concerts and other corporate and private events, is a key step towards catapulting the Club from a Football Club to a globally renown Sports and Entertainment brand. Within the stadium sits the Tottenham Experience – home to both Europe’s largest Club retail store and a range of visitor attractions, including the newly launched stadium rooftop adventure, Dare Skywalk.
The CRM Communications Manager plays an important role at Tottenham Hotspur. As a key member of the newly formed CRM pod within the Digital & Growth Marketing team, you are responsible for planning, strategising, briefing, scheduling and reporting on CRM campaigns that drive commercial revenue, as well as engagement, and growth of the global Spurs fanbase. You will work across the business to optimise email, push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, on-site messaging and other CRM channels utilising our best-in-breed technology stack. Our ideal candidate has deep experience in cross channel campaign planning and execution, is an email and app communications expert, and understands how to craft first rate digital communications.
You will own our marcomms strategy and calendar, working closely with internal stakeholders across marketing and commercial to set and execute the marcomms vision across all Club business lines including Ticketing, Ecommerce, Experiences, Subscriptions, Memberships, Partnerships, Content and Venue. You are obsessed with putting the customer first and are data-driven in everything that you do, able to balance crafting strategy with hands-on execution. You have a mindset which defaults to “How can I test this?” and in turn will be expected to establish an experimentation framework and instil an experimentation mentality amongst your team. You will own CRM reporting, ensuring insights and learnings are actionable and shareable amongst the wider organisation. You will develop and leverage a strong understanding of our fans and their key journeys and infuse all of our marcomms with your engagement expertise to deliver a full suite of best-in-practice digital communications.
While email is currently a central delivery channel, you will be tasked with activating and integrating push, in-app, SMS, geolocation and other digital channels and work with the relevant channel owners across Digital Platforms, Marketing Analytics, Performance Marketing and Product Marketing to deliver seamless communications that are channel agnostic. You will be expected to drive our marcomms personalisation strategy on all channels across all business lines utilising tools such as Movable Ink and Phrasee. Central to your success is the ability to form a 360-degree view of our fans and work with the CRM Communication Executives to deliver targeted and segmented communications.
Reporting to the CRM & Marketing Operations Manager, you will work with the Lifecycle Marketing Manager to build frameworks for always-on customer journeys from onboarding comms to re-engagement segments as well as identifying low hanging fruit from within the database. You will also work together to define audiences for standalone solus email and app push communications as well as utilising A/B testing across all marcomms to continually refine our digital communications. You will manage two CRM Communications Executives who are responsible for building and executing our comms, though you will also be expected to be hands on with the build of comms for a set of business lines.
We have set a high bar for our marcomms in 2022 and we expect you to not only hit that bar, but vault above it.
Ad hoc travel to our Warehouse & Training Centre – both in Enfield – may be required.
Due to the nature of the industry, some out of hours working, including weekends, may be required from time to time.
- Develops and executes end-to-end multi-channel strategies to drive conversions and continually engage and retain our supporters
· Delivers best in class, highly personalised multi-channel campaigns across email, push notifications, in-app, SMS, geolocation, and web messaging to grow and maintain engagement and drive revenue across all verticals
· Owns and manages the email/comms calendar including concept, content, testing, and audience information for the club
· Manages the creation and execution of automation and innovative workflow processes.
· Develops and maintains a robust briefing process for all areas of the business to brief CRM and marcomms requests
· Approves all marcomms sends built by the two CRM Communications Executives
· Works closely with Marketing Analytics Manager to develop models to further enhance engagement and campaign performance
· Establishes, reports on, and improves KPIs for all campaigns/communications.
· Sets up A/B experimentation structure, creative, and copy tests and regularly feeds results into the broader team.
· Lead on campaign reporting for all CRM activations, providing key learnings and actions for all campaigns we execute
- Be insight led with the ability to tailor all future communications based on learnings to date, and willing to challenge when something isn’t aligned
- Collaborate with Lifecycle Marketing Manager to assist with implementation of lifecycle campaigns, scoping out data points to enable triggers
- Acts as a key partner to the business as the voice of our supporter and marcoms best practices expert
· Designs, tests and executes marcoms campaigns that deliver against revenue-driving goals including CTR, open rates, conversions, and repeat purchase rates
· Leverages marketing automation tools to develop transactional, promotional, and informational content
- Understand how to leverage APIs to create automations and personalise campaigns at scale using Movable Ink and real-time triggers/events
- 5+ years’ expertise in email, app and mobile marketing communication creation and delivery
- Experience in a D2C start-up or scale-up subscription, e-commerce or other high growth business.
- Deep understanding of how to create email, push, in-app, SMS, and geolocation campaigns.
- Experience building, deploying, and analysing manual and automated lifecycle marketing campaigns.
- Exceptional expertise in creating and managing marketing campaigns from start to finish.
- Experience owning a project management tool and building out a successful marcomms schedule as the stakeholder for this tool within a business.
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and communication skills with the ability to balance rigorous attention to detail with swift execution.
- The ability to measure against set objectives and KPI's and produce reports based on findings.
- You are intellectually curious, think customer first, are comfortable with ambiguity, are action-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing methodologies and execution.
- Proven experience leveraging performance and audience data to inform successful marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of key CRM principles that drive more relevant communications, and how to incorporate into a CRM programme, focusing on cohort segmentation and analysis, predictive modelling and next best action, dynamic personalisation.
- Experience using marketing automation platforms, modern ESPs, personalisation services, product analytics, customer data platforms, project management tools and mobile marketing platforms required.
- Track record of successfully building complex customer lifecycle and digital marketing campaigns to drive commercial targets, database growth and engagement.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing programs particularly adoption, cross-sell, and upsell and an understanding of digital marketing channels (email, in-app, push messaging).
- Experience of managing a team of Campaign Executives.
- First class eye for customer lifecycle, digital creative and optimising campaign opportunity.
- Strong ability to layer creative thinking over functional / data led strategy and optimisation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong empathy for customers and understanding of value drivers in revenue business models.
- Well-organised logical and efficient; process-driven with good project management skills.
- An innovative digital marketer, able to seek out new ways of driving engaging digital communications.
- Highly creative in building and delivering cross channel digital campaigns.
- Customer-centric mindset, with the ability to effectively interpret customer insights and use this to drive future plans.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a strong attention to detail.
- Operates independently and efficiently to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and successfully, without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Working knowledge and understanding of media queries and email scripting languages such as Liquid template language. Expert knowledge in email HTML and CSS.
- Strong understanding of ESP and journey orchestration tools; Dotdigital, Airship, Iterable, Braze, etc.
- Expertise with Movable Ink or similar personalisation tool essential
- Experience with customer data platforms, mobile marketing platforms, and product analytics desirable.
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Business or Maths/Economics is ideal but not essential