Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About This Role
Our ability to deliver brilliant personalised experiences for all of our 30m customers is fundamental to our future success. As a business we are investing extensively in the automation of our operations and networks, and in building our base management and data capabilities. This will allow us to take better decisions with data and to act on them in an automated way across all our customer interactions.
It’s an exciting and pivotal year for our brands, and you will play a key role in a newly formed squad leading on acquisiton activity in below the line channels, and also paid media campaigns to customer audiences.
We are looking for an all-round marketer with sigfnicant experience in working with data to deliver customer communications as well as paid media campaigns. You will have the opportunity to inform the BTL strategy for acquisiton comms, and to shape and drive a new approach to adopting paid media in base communications.
You will manage multiple camapaigns at any one time, in an end-to-end process requiring management of numerous internal and external stakeholders. You will help manage budgets and squad priorities to ensure all objectives are met.
You will be a central cog between multiple teams across te business including media, demand generation, base communications, and be tapped into central data sources.
If you want to be a part of a vibrant and exciting brand, this is the place to do it. Your work will make a difference in supporting our growth, helping us win customers by developing and driving through new initiaitves, and keeping us ahead of the competition.
You'll Have The Following Responsibilities
- Responsible for briefing, planning and delivery of acquisition campaigns in BTL channels.
- Developing an understanding of our squad structure and customer journeys to identify new opportunities to communicate to the base using paid media.
- Developing close relationships with media teams and partners to deliver on these opportunities.
- Developing an understanding of our central data sources and opportunities to acquire new data.
- Ensuring that all campaigns have clear objectives, performance measures and reporting capabilities.
- Working with the squad POs to ensure all campaign objectives are prioritised in order to be met.
- Day to day management of budgets and campaign delivery.
- Optimisation of the channels and creative used in campaigns
- Responsible for maximising the use of our CRM capability within the design and experience of all CRM communications
- Responsible for submitting campaign data requirements to all relevant teams (internal and external)
- Accountable for ensuring accurate campaign measurement is available working with Data and Decisioning and based on clear agreed KPI’s
- Responsible for working across the Digital team to ensure content is aligned/tracked in all cases with the end to end journey considered and tested.
- Responsible for coordinating Base Campaign Targeting across all customer touchpoints (Inbound channels, Paid Media plans, Bill Messaging etc)
- Accountable for briefing all relevant or impacted areas and then ensuring all signoffs are achieved including legal, brand, financial & Customer Care operational delivery managers
- Accountable for ensuring legal and regulatory compliance of campaigns are adhered to by internal teams and external agencies
- Coordinate deployment of activity across all channels (Digital and Print) and associated QA processes
- Be the co-ordination point and single point of contact for squad
You'll Have The Following Skills & Experience
- Substantial knowledge and experience in delivering campaigns for both customer and acquisition audiences.
- Significant experience of both owned and paid channels (ATL and BTL).
- Track record of driving new strategic approaches across channels.
- Track record of delivering excellent creative across all channels.
- Highly data literate with an insight and analytics mindset
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and respect, and build strong working relationships with your stakeholders.
- Agile mindsets and behaviours, championing and influencing a culture of growth mindset, selfleadership and development.
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- Demonstrable professionalism with a proven ability to operate in a complex, fast paced matrixed business environment.
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously and being able to parallel track numerous key priorities.
- Proven ability in making things happen – translate solutions into creation and delivery of practical and workable marketing plans that have a commercial / business impact.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, identify resources to implement and determine pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to work in a time pressured environment and flexible working hours on occasions
- Patience and experience of navigating large, complex organisational structures.
It is expected to have;
- Proven experience in launching commercially impactful, data-led campaigns
- Excellent understanding of direct response marketing, direct communication channels (i.e. SMS/MMS, Email), Paid Media and DM, customer data and fulfilment channels.
- Track record of working effectively in crossfunctional teams with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Experienced in working in agile operating models
- Marketing and Digital Technology expertise
- Highly experienced in developing and implementing disruptive and effective marketing campaigns for big brands.
- Highly experienced in working in complex blue chip companies within fast moving trading environments.
- Experience managing and influencing multiple stakeholder groups.
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
- Discounted BT Broadband, TV & mobile packages and BT products
- On target Bonus 10%
- Share options and 10% pension contribution
- Professional development
- Flexible benefits/rewards including dental insurance, healthcare, gym memberships etc.
- Well-being support for you and your family
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and up to 3 days paid volunteering a year
- Flexible and smart working (subject to business needs)
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We’re working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there’s any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
How To Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!