The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
90 minutes to change our world
We are looking for an innovative CRM Executive to execute the CRM Campaign Strategy by creating and delivering industry-leading emails to the FA's Grassroots audiences, using best practice data and email methods. You will have a keen interest in Football and play a key role in growing the acquisition and engagement of the FA database.
- Build, execute and report on email campaigns to the FA's Grassroots audiences (e.g., Players, managers, referees, volunteers, Matchday app users).
- Creatively use personalisation in email to drive engagement, using data and systems (Emarsys and Movable Ink).
- Generate ideas on how to grow acquisition and engagement of our Grassroots digital products (e.g., Matchday, Superkicks, surveys).
- Support the Grassroots CRM Manager in the coordination of campaign management across the wider FA Group.
- Act as a key member of our Grassroots team by being the first point-of-contact for emails to our Grassroots audiences.
- Work with key stakeholders in the Grassroots division to help deliver their objectives.
- Maximise internal resource to innovate with engaging email content & design ideas, liaising with internal social media content team and external marketing agencies.
- Take usage of data to the next level: Enrichment of data records, personalisation, segmentation, marketing automation, A/B testing.
- Execute email campaigns with a test and learn approach to optimise emails for best performance.
- Work with the commercial partnerships team to understand partner objectives and how to intelligently connect partner messages with our audiences.
- Embody high standards of governance and compliance around data capture and usage.
- Adopt a ‘participant first' approach to targeting, content and copy writing.
- Evaluate and optimise email campaign performance. Track key KPIs of email campaigns and report strategic insight back to the CRM Manager and CRM & Membership Lead.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group's changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- A passion for CRM and data-led campaigns.
- Experience in executing CRM plans and delivering email campaigns to varied audiences.
- Experience of using an email service provider/marketing automation system.
- Experience in writing engaging copy.
- Experience using complex data structures for advanced segmentation.
- Lots of ideas of how to use data and content to engage audiences.
- Innovative approach to email design and personalisation.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- A diligent planner and organiser.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office.
- A love of sport
- Experience creating automation programmes.
- Design software experience (e.g., Photoshop).
- HTML experience.
- Multi-channel CRM experience (e.g., push notifications, WhatsApp).
- A background in sports marketing.
- Experience with post-campaign analysis.
- A passion for Grassroots sports development and growing participation – including outside of work.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.