The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The Emirates FA Cup and the England international teams. We have two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
We are looking for an innovative CRM Executive, with a keen interest in football to execute The FA's CRM Campaign Strategy for Grassroots. You will create and deliver high quality emails to various FA Grassroots audiences using best practice data and email methods, growing acquisition and engagement of the FA database.
We are hiring a CRM Campaign Executive to:
- Execute email campaigns to various FA Grassroots audiences; Players, managers, referees, volunteers, club officials and Matchday app users.
- Deliver manual campaigns and build automated email customer journeys.
- Support the Grassroots CRM Manager in the coordination of campaign management across the wider FA Group.
- Understand the lifecycles of many varied roles in Grassroots football and apply data capture and CRM methods to improve them.
- Innovate with data and systems (Emarsys and Movable Ink) to personalise content to engage the Grassroots player.
- Work with many stakeholders in the Grassroots division to help deliver their objectives.
- Maximise the impact of CRM on Grassroots participation initiatives (e.g. Wildcats, FA Fives).
- Maximise internal resource (Content Team, Social Media Team, Design Team, Insight Team, Digital Team and IT) to innovate with engaging email content & design ideas.
- Be an expert on The FA data structure and identify opportunities and weaknesses for targeting and personalisation.
- Generate ideas on how to grow acquisition and engagement of our Grassroots digital products (e.g. Matchday, Superkicks).
- Take usage of data to the next level: Enrichment of data records, personalisation, segmentation, marketing automation, A/B testing.
- Work with the commercial partnerships team to understand partner objectives and how to intelligently connect partner messages with our audiences.
- Manage requests in a centralised calendar, controlling flow and frequency of messaging to targeted audiences.
- Embody high standards of governance and compliance around data capture and usage.
- Adopt a ‘participant first' approach to targeting, content and copy writing.
- Evaluate and optimise email campaign performance. Track key KPIs of email campaigns and report strategic insight back to the CRM Manager and CRM & Membership Lead.
- Work alongside The FA's Email Service Provider (Emarsys) to ensure we are on the right track to deliver campaigns effectively.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group's changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- A passion for CRM and data-led campaigns.
- Experience in executing CRM plans and delivering email campaigns to varied audiences.
- Experience of using an email service provider/marketing automation system.
- Experience in writing engaging copy.
- Experience using complex data structures for advanced segmentation.
- Lots of ideas of how to use data and content to engage audiences.
- Innovative approach to email design and personalisation.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- A diligent planner and organiser.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office.
- A love of sport
- Experience creating automation programmes.
- Design software experience (e.g. Photoshop)
- HTML experience
- Multi-channel CRM experience (e.g. push notifications, WhatsApp)
- A background in sports marketing.
- Experience with post-campaign analysis.
- A passion for Grassroots sports development and growing participation – including outside of work.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.