About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 93 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day!
We are looking for an associate marketing operations professional who thrives at the intersection of marketing and technology to join our CRM team. This person will report to the in-app CRM manager and work alongside the email and CRM leads in support of marketing, business and product goals. The role is a great opportunity for a recent grad interested in joining a growing organization with increased ownership and impact. This is an exciting IC opportunity with potential for future growth.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Build and launch in-app messages for 10’s of millions of athletes on Strava.
- Work cross-functionally with product marketing, brand marketing, and partnerships teams in support of their business goals.
- Manage the operational end of many of our in-app and website marketing campaigns, from request to launch.
- Ensure campaign quality and that all in-app launches are 100% error-free, with correct targeting, message, and creative.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and work with marketing analysts to develop dashboards for ongoing performance monitoring.
- Meet campaign launch deadlines, balance multiple projects, and proactively communicate delivery status and navigate issues.
- Developing skills and fostering professional growth among your team members.
- Demonstrate empathy for athletes and their experience while using Strava while also showing empathy for your coworkers who are building this experience.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Are a recent grad or 1-2 years post-college, with an interest in/or experience with marketing campaign operations, email or ad-ops.
- You are organized with incredible attention to detail.
- Are curious about technical troubleshooting and problem solving and understand how these tasks build up to a good product experience.
- Are data-savvy - Excel or google sheets is a must, SQL is nice-to-have, as are marketing analytics and reporting tools like Tableau or Looker.
- Have an eye for marketing content, copywriting and design.
- Have strong and effective written and verbal communication with exemplary documentation skills.
- Are proactive about offering constructive feedback to coworkers.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- You are passionate about fitness and engaging with our athletic community. Experience with Strava is a plus.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.