Contract type: Fixed Term - 12 Month Contract (Full Time)
Location: London/- Broadcast House /Salford - Bridge House (Hybrid - 1 day per week in the office)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
We value our people, offering regular training and development opportunities, as well as ‘learning and guild days’ - allowing dedicated time for self-improvement, learning and innovation. We take the time to reflect and improve on how we’re working via team retrospectives and mentoring. We’re hard-working, supportive and promote a healthy work-life balance in a friendly and inclusive working environment.
We welcome applications from all, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We’re looking for a CRM Automation Manager to join the Media team under a 12 month contract (maternity cover). The person will use Salesforce Journey Builder to create sophisticated multi-channel trigger-based automation journeys in push notifications, email and paid social.
We want to ensure as many people have a regular viewing habit with the BBC as possible. To do that, we need to create value for all by being universal, loved, chosen often and impartial, so that people are willing to pay the licence fee. This specialist CRM role will be crucial in ensuring our audience gets a valued daily habit. We already have several onboarding and retention journeys, but this role will help scale up 121 trigger programmes for reactivated, light and lapsed users.
This role will lead the strategic planning and technical development of these CRM automation programmes for some of the BBC’s ‘core’ services: e.g. iPlayer, Sounds, Sport and News. It will utilise account user data and message sequencing to power personalised journeys and timely communications across several marketing channels. Previous experience in CRM automation and funnel marketing for welcome or nurture programs is desired.
You’ll be working with numerous teams across the business, influencing and persuading stakeholders to see your ideas and make them happen.
- Direct the strategic planning of trigger based CRM automation programmes for some of the BBC’s ‘core’ services: iPlayer, Sounds, Sport and News
- Oversee key customer journeys to drive a user’s valued daily habit
- Lead the technical development on:
- Salesforce Journey Builder to create sophisticated journeys across email, push notifications, paid advertising and owned media inventory
- Optimising live programmes following a test, learn and iterative approach
- Airship to set-up and deploy push notification messages
- Salesforce Audience Builder to identify and put cohorts and targeted users within journeys
- Salesforce Advertising Studio to share custom audiences with advertising partners in order to deploy targeted paid social posts
- Ad/tech tools to optimise and measure performance (e.g. AppsFlyer, Facebook Conversion API, Google Conversion API, Ads Managers)
- Shape the content and creative development strategy in context to automated journeys
- Accountable for all channels within a specific journey (e.g. email, push, paid ads, owned digital display & video, in app messaging)
Are your the right candidate?
You will be required to:
- Measure the uplift against KPIs to drive increased frequency and time spent in core BBC products
- Utilise available data & segmentation models to best tailor the content
- Experience creating and maintaining CRM automation journeys, journey builder and sequencing across email, push and paid advertising channels
- Experience in the use of sophisticated CRM solutions including triggers, sequencing, contact selection, open contextual and multi-variant testing
- Experience developing complex automated push notification messaging that connect to first party data, using push systems (e.g. Airship)
- Experience developing automated social media paid advertising journeys connected to first party data
- Experience developing multi-channel CRM journeys
- Experience with database management, list segmentation, audience profiling and contact targeting
- Analytics experience to understand and interpret ROI metrics
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.