Boxed is the easiest and most modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from the Boxed app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, and pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at our core, we are a vibrant, fun and a close group of engineers, designers, marketers, merchants, and operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers.
About the role
Boxed is seeking a talented, creative, and customer-obsessed Associate to join our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team, reporting to our Senior Director of CRM & Retention. You’ll know you’re the right person for this gig if you have a passion for marketing, love geeking out when it comes to segmenting, and stay up all night obsessing over the latest marketing trends.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, proactive, will challenge us at every turn, and have great attention to detail. This role will be critical to helping us build our lifecycle program and driving improvements across all consumer touch points. You will work closely with the CRM team and cross-functional partners (Creative, Data Science, Product, Vendor Marketing and Merchandising teams) to execute our strategy and continuously improve.
This role reports directly to the Senior Director of CRM & Retention.
- CUSTOMER FIRST - The needs of the customer always come first. It’s at the heart of what we do. They depend on us to deliver what they need to make their day a little bit better.
- ACCOUNTABLE - We are accountable to ourselves and to one another. Individual contributions are the foundation of which we build the company’s future. The success of the business is entrusted to you.
- INFORMED BY DATA - We use data as a tool to inform our decisions, we aren’t paralyzed by it. Data, along with sound judgement, allows us to move fast, measure, and iterate.
- RESILIENT AND ADAPTIVE - If we aren’t changing, we aren’t innovating. If we aren’t innovating, we become obsolete. To stay ahead, we must challenge the norm and embrace new ideas and ways of thinking.
- DOING GOOD - We do what’s right for people through innovation that goes beyond the bottom line. We use our platform to bring positive change in our corner of the world.
● Perform day-to-day email marketing activities, inclusive of campaign set-up, A/B testing, scheduling and deployment of all outbound customer-facing emails (marketing, trigger, lifecycle and transactional emails). QA campaigns to ensure creative content, linking and copy are accurate.
● Monitor email performance and maintain weekly reporting. Provide actionable insights and opportunities to optimize campaign performance.
● Continually build, test and analyze customer segments and personalization to better engage, retain and reactivate our customers.
● Geek out on data sets, cohorts and segments to create personalized, relevant, fun and engaging
campaigns for customers.
● Assist in coordinating the messaging calendar, making sure to put the right content in front of the right recipient at the right time.
● Partner closely with internal stakeholders from the Creative, Data Science, Product, Vendor Marketing and Merchandising teams.
● Track email best practices and monitor industry trends to proactively make recommendations.
● 2-3 years of experience with email marketing, with hands on experience building and deploying email campaigns and workflows. Experience with Iterable is preferred.
● Experience creating personalized email flows based on customer behavior is a plus.
● Knowledge of HTML is preferred but not required.
● Ability to work in a fast paced and progressive environment.
● Great attention to detail and process-oriented.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage competing priorities simultaneously.
● A proven track record of executing a project from start to finish.
● Passion for continuous improvement in an ever changing environment.
● Bachelor's Degree in a business / marketing / analytical or science field.
● Be cool. Culture is very important to us.
● Great team player; but you can also ride solo when needed.
● Hungry to help get Boxed to the next level.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits
- Work remotely
New Jersey 07083