Instinct® is a rapidly growing, family-owned marketer and manufacturer of natural pet foods for dogs and cats. Instinct® is the Raw Brand, with a mission to get more raw nutrition into every bowl of dogs and cats, for proven healthier and happier long life. Our company mission is to Empower people to transform the lives of pets. We are committed to hiring and developing a team of passionate, performance-oriented professionals who love to win and make a positive difference.
This individual is passionate about building brands and will be responsible for our owned digital marketing properties. This individual has experience managing and optimizing brand website and managing customer relationship marketing, with a current emphasis on email marketing through Marketing Cloud. This key position will help drive Instinct household penetration, market share, and overall brand health. This individual will partner both with internal and external partners including creative, agencies, vendors, and brand teams. The ideal candidate is a strategic, data-driven and creative thinker, highly detail-oriented and organized with strong digital background and experience with email marketing management & website strategy. We’re looking for teammates who excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and are goal-oriented, collaborative, and excited to drive the Instinct brand forward.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
CRM (Email & SMS) Lead – Responsible for email strategy, development, execution/deployment, reporting
- Manage end-to-end execution and approval of day-to-day email development, creative proofing, segmentation, deployment and reporting for all email marketing initiatives through Marketing Cloud
- Provide creative, strategic insight and direction regarding copy and content approaches, call to action and promotional strategies including budget
- Lead the development of our email journey campaigns to talk to different consumers at different points in their journey to feed raw
- Analyze email campaign performance and identify opportunities to maximize campaign influence and deliver on KPIs. Measure success and create actionable plans
- Responsible for growing email database and fostering engagement
- Champion a roadmap for our customer relationship marketing; building relationships and communication programs with both new pet parents and brand loyalists – whether that’s email, SMS, etc.
- Be current on email campaign best practices/trends and feel comfortable generating and implementing ideas related to email campaign optimization.
Owner of Brand Website
- Responsible for the management and optimization of our brand website ensuring best in class user experience and cohesive with brand positioning. Will be the internal lead and project manager on website updates, performance, and ongoing enhancements.
- Works closely with our creative team, agency, brand and IMC teams to bring to life our brand, product information, campaign landing pages, and other website content.
- Continued maintenance of all product and brand content on our owned digital properties including our Where to Buy tool, reviews, PDPs, product recommender and feeding calculators, as well as other brand content
- Leverage Google Analytics to monitor web performance. Monitor for trends, fluctuations, and functionality issues, provide actionable recommendations, and collaborate with media partner agency to ensure the digital journey is seamless for the consumer and that any onsite behavior/insights are being leveraged in media.
- Maintains effective information architecture and best practices for SEO and tagging.
- Proactively scope and present new ideas to improve our website experience for prospects, leads, and customers.
- Internal expert on industry updates regarding privacy, accessibility, etc. Ensuring Instinct remains in compliance with all updated policies
- Manage relationship with Promotion Pod (coupon vendor) to set up and execute digital coupon offers on website and/or email
- Internal champion for providing the best possible user experience for our Instinct pet parents across all owned digital properties
- Management of external web/CRM partner relationships
- You are a brand builder, passionate about growing and leading a challenger brand through our digital touchpoints.
- You’re strategic and creative in your thinking; but also enjoy executing the plan. You have a bias towards action.
- You have a digital-first mindset; with a pulse on the industry and are current on trends, technologies, & best practices
- You are results driven and detail oriented. You can interpret data and provide actionable recommendations.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, can work at a fast pace with limited resources & imperfect information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field
- 4+ years of digital marketing experience inclusive of email, website, email, CRM, SEO, SMS, or other retention channels
- Proven experience working with Marketing Cloud, with the ability to schedule provided creative to be sent to segmented audiences, provide performance metrics, and manage the growth of the Instinct email program
- Hands-on experience creating and maintaining successful web experiences. Hands on web design development experience preferred
- Experience with any or all the following specific platforms is preferred: Wordpress CMS and WP Engine, Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager, Salsify, Moz Pro, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Bazaarvoice, PriceSpider
- Experience managing & executing digital coupons with Promotion Pod a plus
- Basic level of SQL preferred
- High proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience in Pet or other CPG is preferred.
Requires travel up to 5% of the time.
Compensation:Competitive compensation package includes health & dental insurance, life & AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts, PTO, short and long-term disability, Purpose days off for company partner volunteer opportunities, and 401k with company match.
Our Instinct is to CHAMPION Diversity
At Instinct, we are as passionate about our people as we are about the pets we call family. We are committed to inclusion, empowerment, and respect. We believe that just like our pets, what sets us apart unleashes our greatest strengths. We thrive on the ability to not only empower people to transform the lives of pets through raw nutrition, but also to empower each other to inspire a culture that celebrates our differences. Our unique approach to pet food is what makes us who we are as a company, and our individual identities are what makes us a successful, innovative, authentic team.