We’re looking for a teammate to join us full-time as a Marketing Manager focused on CRM & Retention and ideally starting from the beginning of January 2021 (or earlier if available!)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Over the past three years, Code First Girls has become the largest provider of free coding courses for women and non-binaries, having £20 million+ worth of free technology education and teaching three times as many women to code as the entire UK university undergraduate system!
Our 2021 mission is to double our community from 20,000 (with even bigger growth planned in 2022!) giving more women the opportunity to learn new skills and pursue great careers in tech. With this major growth spurt, we are on the lookout for some amazing people to join our team.
ABOUT YOU & THE ROLE
You will have a passion for social justice and a desire to change the technology industry. You will be bold and innovative and able to work autonomously and proactively, whilst being open to feedback and continuous improvement. You will be able to work in a fast-paced high-performance team and enjoy a high growth business. We are a start-up, so a ‘roll up your sleeves and dive in’ attitude goes a long way, combined with an innate ability to adapt to change in your role.
It would be great to hear from you if you have 5+ years of hands-on marketing experience, with at least 3+ years of specific experience involving CRM campaign activities and retention with the following core role needs:
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and automation landscape with previous experience delivering strategy and activations across customer experience, segmentation and member lifecycle.
- Experience in using CRM tools such as MailChimp & Hubspot (and knowledge of other tools to improve efficiencies is desirable), as well as general tools like GA, WordPress, Canva, and Adobe.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and email best practices (deliverability, GDPR)
- Good understanding of using large data sets and data manipulation – in Excel/Google Sheets and data visualisation tools (Tableau etc)
- You think creatively and innovatively, tapping into the customer mindset to drive action, whilst also being able to utilise data and insights to impact results and create compelling reports
- A strong commercial acumen. You are able to identify trends, track performance, adapt and test, and show the commercial value of all retention activities.
- Experience or knowledge of community/member engagement platforms or apps
- Ability to lead on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail and a proactive mindset in spotting opportunities and acting quickly upon them
- Team management and leadership experience – must be approachable, hands-on, and with a good dose of fun!
SOME THINGS YOU’LL BE WORKING ON:
Email & Customer Comms:
- Manage our email comms calendar and build out assets for all email campaigns & content
- Use tools such as MailChimp and Hubspot for email deployment, tracking and reporting
- Build, measure and analyse member engagement driving activity, working closely with the wider marketing team to deliver end-to-end marketing campaigns
- Be a champion for brand and best practice regarding customer communication, boosting brand awareness and loyalty with our audiences
Customer Journey & Lifecycle
- Formalise the customer segments, user experience and lifecycle for CFG members and clients
- Build out workflows, triggers and communication plans to engage segments at key lifecycle stages
- Continually assess and iterate on all CRM activity across our potential customer bases and ensure performance across key metrics
Marketing Automation, Optimisation & Reporting
- Build out, test and optimise all marketing automation communication flows
- Monitor and report back on key insights from campaign data
- Improve funnel conversion and identify opportunities for growth
- Work with marketing team for re-engagement campaigns and remarketing efforts
- Look for technology or innovations to drive efficiencies and further automation
Community & Community Insights
- Provide data, insights and reporting on the community and community engagement
- Engagement plans for active and alumni members (both digital + in-person)
- Work with the wider team on data and insights in relation to segmentation, funnels, and campaign activations
- Be involved in the development of our member-only community (digital) space and related CRM
- Work with the wider team on member customer service and client success needs.
OTHER ROLE INFO & BENEFITS:
Salary: £40-50k DOE + bonus
Fully-funded place on the Code First Girls Nanodegree (market value £10,000)
Free CFG courses (valued at £685 each)
20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Additional 2 weeks off over Christmas break
Flexible working: we are currently working remotely, but anticipate a bit of a hybrid model eventually
Monthly team socials
Inclusivity & Equal Opportunities: we are committed to attracting and recruiting diverse candidates as the CFG team continues to grow. We actively welcome applications from people of colour, applicants with disabilities and from minority groups.
Community Language: we use an inclusive definition of the word ‘women’ when talking about the Code First Girls community, which includes cisgender and transgender women.