The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
We are a vibrant and diverse group of people from different backgrounds, and with different interests. There are over 2,200 employees across our offices (London, Sofia, New York, Manila, Tokyo, Hong Kong), and we are deeply committed to furthering equality and diversity, in our organization and the wider industry.
We have very active communities which you are welcome to participate in such as FT Women, FT Embrace (our BAME network), Proud FT, and ad-hoc social events.
We make it our priority to provide the most flexible conditions for everyone, including flexible working hours, working from home and part-time (contractors and permanent).
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Financial Times Commercial CRM team, to help transform our Customer Relationship Management capabilities to enable commercial growth and ultimately drive advertising revenue.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to join the FT’s CRM Operations team. Reporting into the CRM Operations Director, the purpose of the role is to support the global advertising team helping to create engagement for sales with their clients, ensuring audiences can be correctly segmented for marketing campaigns with tracking and improvements so as to continually improve how we engage with clients and prospective clients
What you will be responsible for
- Collaborate closely with both Sales and Commercial Marketing ensuring the client database is segmented effectively for targeted marketing activities, managing Pardot Campaigns and driving user engagement
- Support revenue generation helping marketing and sales to manage the audience segmentation and messaging
- You will take a proactive approach towards the sharing of information and intelligence between Commercial Marketing and Sales helping teams to collaborate
- Ensure our systems are configured to a high standard with user experience and ROI measurement at the heart of our operations
- Ensure the benefits and revenue generation from CRM are clear to Sales, Operations and Commercial Marketing. Ensure all teams understand how accurate data input and correct housekeeping of contacts and pipeline assist with revenue generation when it comes to knowing where to focus attention, the quality of our client communications and having a central store of client intelligence
- Maintain ownership of the quality of CRM data and evaluate new tools to assist in future business intelligence
- Ensure that all marketing campaigns correctly reflect marketing consent choices and that FT’s marketing consent is clear and correctly configured
- Provide qualitative feedback on all analysis to identify actions/decisions that can drive revenue for sales teams globally
- You should be comfortable providing guidance and coaching other teams to understand our CRM capabilities as well as challenging the current set up and approach and suggesting revenue generating ideas and efficiency improvements
- In a small team, there is often a need to “muck in”. As such expect flexibility within the role to pick up other tasks that may be required
Experience/skills you need to be successful in this role
- Experience in data-informed CRM role (3-4 years)
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Salesforce / Pardot point and click configuration/Administration.
- Exposure to working with relational database(s) with the ability to query and analyse multiple data sets
- Candidate must be numerate, willing and able to learn new systems with minimal management intervention
- The candidate must be very comfortable with data manipulation and possess the ability to analyse data from both a detailed as well as a holistic view.
- Knowledge of business (preferably advertising/CRM) concepts
- You understand what it takes to get teams performing well, and at pace
- Experience in partnering with business teams to work collaboratively towards a shared goal
- Proactive, outcome driven, with a can-do attitude
- A proven ability to quickly get up and running and identify trends and opportunities in complex organisations
- Passion for digital media, advertising, and/or web-based technology
- The ability to explain set up in clear non technical language.
What’s in it for you? FT Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages and subsidised gym memberships. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.