🌍 Can you help us change the world?
Yes, you read that correctly. It sounds grand, but we’ve got big ideas at Mews. We’re transforming the world of hospitality, re-imagining the industry with a best-in-class cloud-based property management solution for hotels, hostels, apartments, and so much more. We’re on the lookout for ambitious, tenacious and passionate people who want to join the next generation of innovators and disrupt the hospitality industry with us. Sound good so far? If you're a CRM and Lifecycle Marketing Manager, keep reading and tumble down the Mews rabbit hole... 🐇
🧑🏻💻 About the role
First things first: you want to know what you’re actually applying for. It’s impossible to capture every nuance of a role – especially at a rapidly growing company like Mews – but if we had to distill it down to a job description (which we do, because this is a job description), it would be this: Your mission, should you choose to accept it: we are looking for an ambitious and results-driven CRM and Lifecycle Marketing Manager. The role will take the lead on all email marketing campaigns and lifecycle programming to provide our sales team with the best qualified leads.
You’ll focus on educating prospects along their journey, helping them understand the value that Mews can bring to their business. You’ll help take our marketing strategy to the next level by creating meaningful, multi-channel experiences for prospects that will have a significant impact on the company's bottom line. You’ll work closely with the marketing, customer success and sales teams to create a consistent journey for prospects.
What else? You must have strong business acumen and operational aptitude, exceptional people and communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with Mewsers (yes, that’s what we call ourselves) across all levels of experience and role. You should have a hypothesis-driven approach to problem solving, strong quantitative skills, and feel comfortable addressing broad-reaching and ambiguous questions.
This role is very visible within the organization and will have significant room for growth. Mews offers flexible work locations, with the ability to work remotely or make use of Mews offices in Paris, London, Prague and Amsterdam. Some travel will be required for this role.
A snapshot of what you’ll be doing in your day-to-day:
- Create the email marketing strategy and implementing campaigns from planning through to creation, segmentation, review and launch.
- Own key lifecycle marketing campaigns such as nurture flows and post-conversion communications, from copywriting and proofreading to segmentation creation and reporting.
- Partner with other departments to drive event and webinar attendance, and increase lead conversion.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our prospects, their buyer journey, buyer personas, and jobs-to-be-done.
- Effectively coordinate complex lifecycle workflows end-to-end to create a coherent lifecycle strategy across the buyer journey.
- Establish rigorous A/B testing processes to test creative design, content, email cadence, and timing to constantly improve performance.
- Work hand in hand with the SEO, demand gen, communication and product teams to prioritize the content to be created according to the personas identified.
- Run upsell and cross-sell campaigns in partnership with the sales and customer success teams.
- Report on campaign performance to understand their effectiveness and identify opportunities for improving key metrics.
📥 Minimum requirements
Here’s what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Eight plus years of relevant work experience, including six or more years specifically focused on email marketing, with expert knowledge of the channel at a hyper-growth, late stage, or public company.
- Hospitality, tech or B2B experience.
- Deep understanding of complex, multi-channel user journeys and funnels, sales cycles and product lifecycles, and their respective pressures on the marketing organization to drive demand and revenue.
- Expert proficiency in MarTech, specifically including ESPs, CDPs, DMPs, CRM lists, marketing automation platforms, and CMS.
- Expert proficiency in customer segmentation and personalization.
- Expert proficiency in digital marketing best practices, including A/B testing, creative, and a working understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Data driven with strong quantitative skills; the ability to think in terms of the end-to-end impact on the business’ bottom line.
- Experience working globally, across multiple regions and locales.
- In possession of a growth mindset with a constant drive to improve over time.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and in person presentation skills.
- An excellent team player who values other views and can earn stakeholder confidence quickly and exert influence.
- Ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced, complex environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines and multiple partners/vendors.
- Ability to both lead and drive autonomously and work to tight deadlines with regular updates to key stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
Did you know that Mews was voted the Best Place to Work in Hotel Tech for 2 years running? You do now. Most of that is down to our inspiring team, but part of it is because of some pretty amazing perks. As well as awesome colleagues and stimulating work, you'll get:
- Company shares 📈
- Unlimited holiday (no, this is not a typo) 🏖
- Health and wellness plans 🙏🏽
- Flexible Benefits via Ben Platform 📖
- Remote/flexible working 🧘🏻♀️
- Regular team events, socials and a legendary annual company gathering, Mews Con (the only con that’s actually a pro)
Who are Mews?
We want to get to know you, so it’s only fair we tell you a little bit about ourselves first. We were founded in 2012 by a team of former hoteliers, and since then we’ve been transforming hospitality for both hotel staff and guests.
Essentially, Mews is a powerful software platform that acts as a central nervous system for hotels, hostels, apartments and more. We use smart tech and automation to make day-to-day operations easier for hoteliers, so they can focus on the thing that really matters: providing remarkable guest experiences.
More than 2,000 properties across 60+ countries are powered by Mews, with more joining every week. Bookings, payments, operations, guest management – everything a hotel needs to operate can be done through our solution. We work with some amazing hotels, including Sage Hospitality Group, Machefert Group, The Student Hotel, and Tsogo Sun Hotels.
Life at Mews
That’s what we do, but what about who we are? Mews’ culture is special and difficult to capture in words, which makes writing this tricky. You'll experience the freedom to be yourself and the ability to watch your ideas come to life. You’ll have an open line of communication and an open invitation to after-work drinks, be they virtual or in-person. Sometimes the work can be challenging and there can be a lot of it, but you’ll always be able to rely on those around you.
Yes, we’re ambitious and we move fast, but we know the value of fun and taking a breather. Every month we have a Wellness Wednesday, a day off that you can use to boost your health, whether that’s a long lie-in, a trip to the gym, or anything in between. We have slack channels for almost every interest imaginable, and an all-company meeting every Friday gives you the chance to ask any question to our leadership team. Oh, and we love our pets. To get more of an idea what life at Mews is like (and to see dozens of cute cats, dogs, and hamsters), check out our Instagram.
We’re guided by our five key values; if you see yourself in them, it’s time to get in touch.
We truly believe that great technology can make the entire human experience better.
We’re tough. The workload might be heavy, but with one foot in front of the other, we can handle an intensity workout.
We’re innately curious. We read, we discover, we ask questions, we challenge assumptions, and we’re obsessed with the word ‘why’.
We’re an open book. We share our work and experiences with one another, as well as our community.
You can’t take risks if you’re afraid to fail. We all make mistakes. The key is to learn, get feedback and improve.
✊🏼 Everyone is welcome at Mews
This part is straightforward. We’re an equal opportunity employer and truly value diversity within our company. We never have and never will discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status – or anything else for that matter.
Think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship? If you’d like to know more about us and what we do, check out mews.com. Otherwise, spruce up your CV and apply. We can’t wait to hear from you.