At Stance, we believe everything starts and ends with our people. Self-reliant in our attitude, and entrepreneurial in our ethos, we have grit, guts and gratitude. Stance is a culture that cannot be duplicated - where smart, ambitious, and positive people thrive.
The Stance founders saw a category that had been ignored, taken for granted, and dismissed. By breathing life into something that had been overlooked, Stance ignited a movement of art and self-expression that has drawn athletes, cultural influencers, and true originals to the brand. By underpinning its creative roots with a relentless focus on technical innovation, Stance is now found in over 40 countries on those who dare to be different and is the brand that true originals look to for unrivaled quality and unapologetic self-expression.
About The Role
As the Digital CRM & Email Marketing Manager, you are a creative and highly analytical person to lead email marketing and customer retention efforts. You will focus on the full scope of CRM and email communications— including the strategy, execution, measurement and optimization of promotional, lifecycle, and automation/flow campaigns, as well as testing initiatives, to increase customer engagement and drive incremental sales. You’ll regularly collaborate with the Creative, Marketing, eCommerce and Development teams to build effective campaigns to both acquire and retain customers via loyalty and subscription programs.
About The Reporting Structure
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Performance Marketing
About Primary Responsibilities
- You live for A/B and multivariate testing— including delivery, creative layout, subject line testing, open rate, click through rate and segmentation performance— to develop best practices for ongoing optimization of email campaigns
- You have a gift at reactivation - former customers and unengaged subscribers are no match for your powers.
- You’re a pro at developing and optimizing email and SMS lead, capture and acquisition strategies across sites and digital channels
- Tracking important email metrics and performance data (e.g., conversion rates, click-through rates, deliverability and open rates) is second nature to you
- You have a strong understanding of how lifecycle marketing works with past experience in developing campaign orchestration to effectively reach and engage the Stance community
- You know how to Identify and apply best practices to measure, analyze, test and determine new opportunities and provide recommendations for improved customer experience. Optimize performance through A/B testing and partner with performance marketing to deliver results and make program improvements.
- You love to dig in on customer data and answer adhoc questions that help inform the business with key insights about our customers.
- You understand the synergy between retail and ecommerce from a customer perspective and can think out of the box about ways to engage our community.
- You have excellent analytical skills and desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment driven by data and creative excellence
- You are motivated to stay a step ahead of the competition
- You are equally as content obsessed as you are analytically minded
- You have a passion and track record for customer-centric marketing
- You have strong analytical, problem-solving skills and communication skills
- You have 5+ years of CRM and email marketing experience, including promotional, drip/triggered, and brand marketing, for an ecommerce company
- You have attained Boss Level with your Klaviyo skills
- You have in-depth experience with end-to-end campaign management and implementing email best practices including list growth, design, A/B testing, delivery and deliverability issues, segmentation, and analytics/performance management
- You have experience managing email and SMS communications through the customer relationship lifecycle, including loyalty & referral, subscription, repeat purchase, win-back and more
- You have impeccable attention to detail even in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with HTML/SQL a plus
- 5+ years managing Lifecycle Marketing in-house or at an agency
- You are comfortable operating independently and efficiently to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and successfully, without sacrificing attention to detail
- Ability to conceptualize
- Understanding of all current digital technology in the marketplace
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve, lead and follow
- Equally content obsessed as you are analytically minded
San Clemente, CA.
Remote work will be considered
Stance is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.