UNCTION : Reporting to the Director, Marketing, this role is a mix of technical expertise and business savvy. The CRM and Email Marketing Lead will deliver a global customer CRM lifecycle plan to maximize the customer experience and drive incremental revenue at the customer level across multiple channels including email, SMS, mobile push and website messaging.
This role will oversee all stages of the lifecycle, including ideation, design, build, launch and growth. This role will be the Marketing team lead of the technical implementation and troubleshooting of data-driven marketing efforts, working closely with the Data and Technology teams.
This role will optimize through automation and personalization, in an environment that utilizes technology and data to target and deliver relevant digital messaging at all points across the customer lifecycle.
The role will leverage first party data from a range of data warehouse tables for automated / triggered, algorithm-based messaging designed to enhance the customer's booking experience, strengthen loyalty, and drive incremental revenue.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage Porter's CRM lifecycle, developing a comprehensive and robust customer lifecycle plan to deliver a 1-1 experience to our customers
- Determine key areas of strategic improvement for Porter's email and cross-channel marketing strategy and capabilities, leveraging data-driven automation and personalization
- Collaborate with Marketing, Loyalty, Data and Revenue Management teams to identify segments and design customer journeys and ensure alignment on business needs and requirements
- Aquire new members for the loyalty program by leveraging customer and booking data
- Increase member's lifetime value by deploying automated campaigns that guide them through the loyalty program and offer tailored promotions
- Develop subscription and site visitor login strategies to grow our database and enhance our ability to communicate the most relevant offers to our customers
- Work with the Data Warehouse and Technology teams to identify opportunities for technology / data improvements for CRM campaigns
- Work with Analytics, Revenue Management and the Data Warehouse teams to enhance targeting criteria and create predictive models machine learning algorithms
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Creative teams to implement A : B / multivariate testing methodologies to improve engagement and conversion rates
- Perform day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign build, set-up, scheduling, testing and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic content-driven campaigns
- Define the customer data points needed for campaign automation and set up the import process (to Oracle Responsys) in collaboration with the Technology and Data Warehouse teams
- Manage the design and implementation of complex automated / triggered campaigns, including end-to-end journey building, audience targeting and personalization to ensure the content is targeted, timely and relevant
- Utilize SQL to extract customer segments and audience insights from database
- Develop and enhance automated multi-channel campaign standards and processes for all the parts of our email strategy and optimization methodology
- Serve as internal expert relative to compliance and best practices, list clean-up and maintaining a clean database, prospect and subscriber segmentation, improving email deliverability, data integrity, etc.
- Monitor analyze and report on email and cross-channel performance across campaigns, translating complex data and test results into actionable insights for campaign optimization
- Proactively stay current with the latest CRM, Lifecycle Marketing and Marketing Automation trends, to provide innovative recommendations
- Leverage insights and best practices to continually improve decision-making, processes and campaign development activities and data reporting accuracy
- Implement Tableau dashboards and automated reports with support from the Business Intelligence team to track performance of campaigns and KPIs
- Comply fully with all privacy, confidentiality, marketing permissions, data security and other requirements related to the handling, access and storage of customer data
- Actively participate in Porter's Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations;
understand, comply and promote the Company safety policy
- 3-5 years of experience with Database Marketing / CRM Campaign Management
- A bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or similar preferred
- Advanced experience with customer segmentation, targeting and hyper-personalization data
- Advanced experience creating and implementing cross-platform (email / SMS / website) campaigns using Oracle Responsys, including complex, dynamic personalization messaging, automation and triggers
- Advanced Excel and data manipulation skills required. Tableau experience preferred
- Advanced ability to use data insights to tell a comprehensive story for executive-level presentations
- Basic to Intermediate understanding of digital advertising trends and technologies in acquisition channels (SEM, display, SEO) for collaboration
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS for email template coding
- Intermediate SQL query building skills to leverage database insights
- Organized with very strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES :
- Concern for Safety : Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork : Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Strategic planning : Time management and organizational skills with a focus on quality, detail and brand consistency; superior proofreading skills.
- Top quality analytical skills : Gathering and analyzing data and understand the customer base and coming up with suggestions for improving the existing strategy.
- Initiative : Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Focus : Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
- Fostering Communication : Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.