Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) to make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About the CRM & Email Marketing Lead Role
With a growing business and customer database to communicate with, we are on the lookout for a CRM & Email Marketing Manager. You’ll be responsible for converting signups into active customers and nurturing these relationships to generate maximum lifetime value across all products. You will plan and develop our overall Email Marketing Strategy and ensure that the business goals are met.
To support these objectives you will help to create both automated/program based emails and develop a weekly email marketing campaign/schedule. You will use a range of channels including Email and Push notifications to communicate with customers to increase customer activation / retention. You will use industry standard reporting metrics to measure performance.
You will have a good understanding of RFM analysis and segmentation to help quantitatively rank and group customers based on the recency, frequency and monetary total of their recent transactions to identify the best customers and perform targeted marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Creating, checking and deploying email marketing campaigns using our CRM platform
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing system
- Defining and selecting audiences appropriate for each message
- Analyze the customer database and create customer segmentation
- Acting as a ‘customer champion’ and ensuring the quality, relevancy, consistency and accuracy of our CRM
- Assisting with the design and creation of promotions, automated messaging, campaigns and events as required
- Testing, measuring and learning from each communication – develop insights and make recommendations for improvement
- Campaign reporting
- Daily work with marketing automation, CRM, data services, and lead management methods
- Monitor, manage and maintain data quality within the marketing database
- Evaluate new technologies to improve and optimize marketing and sales team performance
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar and spelling
- Create email databases for lead generation
Competency and Skill Requirement
- Experience working with an Email Service Provider - customer.io experience is desirable
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a similar role
- A particular interest to develop CRM, customer communication and email marketing skills
- A desire to work across multiple channels and to be involved in designing and delivering marketing automation
- Educated to a degree level, ideally with a 2.1 or 1st class degree (or international equivalents/postgraduate qualification)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills