Who We Are
At Spruce, our mission is to change the way people live in their homes by making home services more accessible. As the leading provider of lifestyle services to the multifamily industry, we offer daily chores and housekeeping services to more than 2,000 apartment communities across the US, and we work with over 60 of the top apartment managers in the country. Through the Spruce app, apartment residents can easily have their clothes folded, their dishes washed, their bed sheets changed, or their bathroom cleaned.
Venture-backed and headquartered in Austin, Spruce has more than 80 employees and is growing rapidly. We promote a people-first culture where curiosity, ownership, hustle, and boldness are valued and encouraged. Each employee has a personal, measurable impact on the success of the company, and ideas are welcomed from everyone.
About The Role
We're looking for a CRM & Email Marketing Associate to build, execute and optimize CRM campaigns with the aim of driving customer acquisition, retention and loyalty. This role will be critical to increase customer engagement, reduce churn and drive customers to make Spruce their go-to provider for any Housekeeping and Chores services. You will be part of a high-performing team of Digital and Growth marketing professionals, and will report to the Growth Marketing Lead.
What You Get To Do
- Customer Acquisition. Partner with other marketing team members to gather potential customer leads generated by our partner properties or digital marketing efforts, and build relevant communications campaigns which will convert leads into acquire customers.
- Customer Engagement. Develop content and messaging campaigns to continuously engage existing Spruce customers, drive retention/reduce churn, and ensure that newly acquired customers evolve into long-term loyal customers.
- Customer Segmentation. Pull data and analyze it to identify and group leads and existing customers according to specific shared attributes (e.g. geography, past-purchasing history, home type, etc) which will make them more receptive to specific messaging, offers or information about Spruce. Update segmentation lists in CRM database to reflect current customer status and special requests.
- Build & Manage CRM Campaigns. Develop clear, engaging and action-oriented copy/messaging for individual emails/SMS. Build automated workflows using templates and segmented lists and report on key performance metrics (e.g. Open Rate, Click-Through Rate, Conversions). Test deliverability of campaigns and continuously seek to optimize performance metrics. Update existing campaigns to meet new messaging priorities and edit new campaigns for clarity, grammar, and style.
- Propose & Run Tests. Using insights from customer purchasing behavior and interactions with Spruce campaigns, develop theses to explain behaviors. Propose and run tests which can validate or invalidate these and lead the marketing team to adopt more efficient strategies to acquire and retain customers.
- Track & Optimize Performance. Build and maintain tracking tools and KPIs which enable you to gauge the performance of CRM campaigns over time. Use data and the analysis of past campaigns performance as the starting point for the development of new strategies and tactics to improve customer communications.
- Lead Growth Marketing Projects. Take ownership of specific Growth Marketing initiatives which require cross-functional collaboration with other departments including Sales, Strategy & Operations, Finance, Product, and Engineering. Act as the point of contact for enquiries related to CRM campaigns. Resolve communication delivery issues related to CRM software through your own investigation and CRM system support team.
Who You Are
- You have some marketing experience ideally working to build automated email and SMS campaigns using CRM software (e.g. Iterable, Braze, Mailchimp, Hubspot, etc.)
- You're a fast and proactive learner. If you don't know something you're quick to say so and you constantly look for ways to become more proficient in your area of expertise.
- You're meticulous with a high level of attention to detail. No typo, rogue comma, or strange turn of phrase gets past you!
- You're highly adaptable and excel at finding and presenting several potential solutions when you're confronted with a problem.
- You have a strong proficiency in English and impeccable grammar. You take pride in knowing that what you write will be seen by thousands of people every single day.
- You can manage multiple priorities at once in a fast-paced environment without compromising on the quality of your work
- Your most interesting work often starts with "why's". You want to continue to hone your data analysis skills to identify important customer behavior insights which you can incorporate into how you build your campaigns.
- You embrace our company values: ownership, people first, hustle, curiosity, boldness
- It isn't required but bonus points if you also speak/write Spanish.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 401K plan
- Medical, vision, dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% remote work
- Discounted housekeeping services
- Spruce-provided WFH setup (laptop, keyboard, monitor(s), mouse)
- A huge role in the growth of a company with a meaningful mission
We're building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find purpose in their work and support each other in the process. If this sounds like you, then let's talk.