- Working on both DoodleLearning and Discovery Education products
- Support the delivery of CRM activities in Schools Marketing lead generation
- Work closely with email marketing team to coordinate and execute the on-time delivery of campaigns
- Compile critical CRM and email reporting and support the team in regular and campaign specific analysis and optimisation
- Work closely with the Inbound Marketer to increase the conversion rate of Marketing Qualified Leads to Sales Qualified Leads
- Responsible for the management of automations and journeys
- Maximise the efficiency of the CRM for Schools Marketing, the data inside it, and how we use the software to enhance journeys and improve lead generation results
- Customise and pull marketing reports from the CRM
- Using the data from reports, work with the Data Analyst to determine what kind of customer trends the business should respond to
- Troubleshoot user or software issues that inhibit the efficiency of the interaction between people and technology and highlight these to the wider Marketing team
- Support with the software migration from PipeDrive to SalesForce
- Manage the quality and consistency of data capture across all customer touch points
- Develop and oversee email personalisation and segmentation strategies
- Manage integrations to CRM
- Manage the scheduling, testing and deployment of all email campaigns to campaign contacts and marketing qualified leads using email software platform and CRMs ensuring all tracking codes are applied to facilitate accurate performance monitoring
- Work closely with the copy/content marketer to manage the weekly emails and ad-hoc SendGrid e-newsletters (our existing customer database), ensuring the timely deployment of emails to maximise revenue potential
- Track the weekly performance of emails KPIs against the weekly and monthly targets and communicate the performance of emails with the Schools Marketing team
- Work with the Data Analyst to develop a testing strategy for emails and provide insights
- Run regular workshops with the creative team to educate them on best email practices
- Monitoring unsubscribes: set up process and monitor
- Monitor email reputation and work to continually improve
If you are an organised and driven individual who is excited at the prospect of joining a high-growth ed tech company in Bath, we invite you to apply.
- Previous experience working with any CRM
- Previous experience working with any email marketing platform
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Pardot
- Experience with Pipedrive
- Good attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to recognise areas for improvement and refine processes
- Show initiative, proactive, driven and the desire to help
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members
- Be self motivated
- Good organisational skills
- Proficient with excel
- Numerate and analytical
- Ability to manage projects, organise and prioritise
- Team player
- Accurate, systematic and methodical
- Numerate with the ability to produce reports and derive valuable insights from analysis
Salary – £29,000 - £36,000 dependent on experience
This role can be fully office-based or a hybrid of office-based to facilitate collaboration and teamwork.
Full-time: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday, with some flexibility in working hours.
Start date: as soon as available
Initial interviews will be held via Zoom, with second interviews being held in our Bath-based offices.
- 28 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Generous pension
- Flexi-time working, the ability to work from home up to two days per week
- Complimentary breakfast, drinks and snack options
- Regular socials
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bike to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Our Company Values
We’re passionate about education and social impact. We're constantly developing exciting and innovative ways to empower children to unlock their potential.
We’ve worked really hard to build our inclusive team culture and although we’re all different people, we’re united by our values.
- Education - we are always learning
- Integrity - we do the right thing
- Well-being - we look after our physical and mental health
- Focus - we do what matters
- Resilience - we take on feedback, we adapt and we grow
Applying for this role
Closing date for this role is 7th January 2023, however, we are looking to move quickly so please apply as soon as you can as we may close applications early if we find the right candidate.
We employ people based on your attitude, our shared values, your potential and your desire to develop your skills. If this sounds like you and you would like to apply, please apply on our portal with a CV and covering letter. It is essential that you send a covering letter - CV-only applications WILL NOT be considered or replied to. We want to know why you would like to join our company and see your communication skills in action.
We have designed our products to support children around the world, from local schools to refugee camps. We know that our customers come from a range of backgrounds and we want our company to truly reflect the diversity that we see among the children who benefit from our technology. We know that we need people with different backgrounds, cultures and experiences to help us best support children’s learning. We look for applicants from all backgrounds.
Discovery Education provides engaging high-quality content, ready-to-use lesson activities and creative collaboration tools to give educators everything they need to engage all learners and create a lasting educational impact in any learning environment. Discovery Education - DoodleLearning, where this role is based, is located in the centre of Bath and the team is built around a strong set of values which runs through the products and interactions.