Discovery Education International is looking for a CRM and Email Marketer to join our team in the UK. This role can be fully office-based or a hybrid of office-based to facilitate collaboration and teamwork. Full-time: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday, with some flexibility in working hours.
What You'll Do
- Working on both DoodleLearning and Discovery Education products
- Support the delivery of CRM activities in Schools Marketing lead generation
- Work closely with email marketing team to coordinate and execute the on-time delivery of campaigns
- Compile critical CRM and email reporting and support the team in regular and campaign specific analysis and optimisation
- Work closely with the Inbound Marketer to increase the conversion rate of Marketing Qualified Leads to Sales Qualified Leads
- Responsible for the management of automations and journeys.
- Maximise the efficiency of the CRM for Schools Marketing, the data inside it, and how we use the software to enhance journeys and improve lead generation results.
- Customise and pull marketing reports from the CRM.
- Using the data from reports, work with the Data Analyst to determine what kind of customer trends the business should respond to.
- Troubleshoot user or software issues that inhibit the efficiency of the interaction between people and technology and highlight these to the wider Marketing team.
- Support with the software migration from PipeDrive to SalesForce.
- Manage the quality and consistency of data capture across all customer touch points.
- Develop and oversee email personalisation and segmentation strategies.
- Manage integrations to CRM.
- Manage the scheduling, testing and deployment of all email campaigns to campaign contacts and marketing qualified leads using email software platform and CRMs ensuring all tracking codes are applied to facilitate accurate performance monitoring.
- Work closely with the copy/content marketer to manage the weekly emails and ad-hoc SendGrid e-newsletters (our existing customer database), ensuring the timely deployment of emails to maximise revenue potential.
- Track the weekly performance of emails KPIs against the weekly and monthly targets and communicate the performance of emails with the Schools Marketing team.
- Work with the Data Analyst to develop a testing strategy for emails and provide insights.
- Run regular workshops with the creative team to educate them on best email practices.
- Monitoring unsubscribes: set up process and monitor.
- Monitor email reputation and work to continually improve.
If you are an organised and driven individual who is excited at the prospect of joining a high-growth ed tech company in Bath, we invite you to apply.
- Good attention to detail.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to recognise areas for improvement and refine processes.
- Show initiative, proactive, driven and the desire to help.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members.
- Be self motivated.
- Good organisational skills.
- Proficient with excel.
- Numerate and analytical.
- Ability to manage projects, organise and prioritise.
- Team player.
- Accurate, systematic and methodical.
- Numerate with the ability to produce reports and derive valuable insights from analysis.
- Previous experience working with any CRM.
- Previous experience working with any email marketing platform.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with Pardot.
- Experience with Pipedrive.
- Legal right to work in the UK.
- 28 days holiday a year plus bank holidays.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life assurance.
- Generous pension.
- Flexi-time working, the ability to work from home up to two days per week.
- Complimentary breakfast, drinks and snack options.
- Regular socials.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.