At the direction of the Director of Marketing, the CRM and Email Campaigns Manager plans, develops, and executes CRM-enabled communications for Crystal Bridges and the Momentary, with a primary focus on email campaigns and automations. The position helps to build and expand awareness of the institution’s offerings to drive visitation, ticket sales (exhibitions, programs, performances, and other events), member acquisition and retention, retail purchases, and overall engagement through email.
The position collaborates across the department team of brand communications, content, creative, production, and digital media specialists and all areas of the institution to build and execute well-designed customer journeys and programs.
This is a chance to work with a dynamic cultural institution and marketing strategy team to help drive a customer contact strategy from end-to-end.
Position’s Principal Responsibilities
- Creates and deploys email campaigns and automations, including testing and QA
- Works with creative and digital media teams to optimize template designs in accordance with institutional brand standards and UX best practices
- Works closely with market strategy, PR, social media, content, and editorial teams to develop content calendars and deployment schedules as part of larger integrated MarCom campaigns
- Designs, tracks, and analyzes experiments for emails, including A/B testing and surveys to help optimize strategies
- Manages ongoing email acquisition plan and oversees list health, and segmentation based on behaviors, engagement, and other relevant criteria
- Establishes and owns campaign performance goals, and translates data into actionable insights
- Develops deep understanding of current customer data, identifies core insights to drive effective audience segmentation and targeting, to plan effective communications
- Works with database operations managers to preserve the value of data both imported and exported into the CRM database
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices to ensure the institution is compliant with all email marketing standards and regulations
- Champions the institution’s adoption of a CX-based approach to brand management, market strategy, and portfolio management
Education, Training, and Traits:
- An associate or bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with CRM, ESP, and marketing automation platforms (SendGrid, Salesforce, Tessitura, Prospect2, Hubspot, Marketo, MailChimp)
- Proven experience in creating customer lifecycle journeys
- Moderate proficiency in HTML
- Experience with content management, e-commerce, and ticketing platforms (Shopify and Tessitura experience is preferred, but not required).
- Understanding of digital marketing principles, metrics, and analytics
- Experience with analytical and database tools
- Seasoned with the usage of data to create customer contact strategy
- Demonstrated organizational planning, problem-solving, and collaboration skills.
- Strong B2C e-commerce or retail marketing experience a plus
- Highly effective written, verbal, and listening communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within campaign automation, email marketing execution, and CRM deployment tools
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience will satisfy the minimum requirements
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: In the work environments described below, position requires utilizing a computer and telephone for prolonged periods of time, interpersonal and written conversation with others, transporting (up to 10 lbs.).
- Work Environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and in institution spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Reasonable accommodations will be reviewed and evaluated should exhibitions exceed noise levels. Some overnight travel may be necessary.