Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
Honey is a fast-growing company based in Los Angeles, and we’ve recently joined the PayPal family to help supercharge our mission of creating fairness and value for everyone. We’ve built a community of over 20 million online shoppers and use the collective insights of our members to power an online shopping platform that allows everyone to shop smarter, together. With that, we are excited to say we’re hiring! We are actively seeking a Creative Lead, CRM.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Creative Lead, Copywriter to join Honey’s marketing team reporting directly to Head of Creative. The ideal candidate will have creative agency or equivalent in-house experience generating work for consumer brands. They will have a strategic minded approach to creative and experience writing high performing, open worthy emails. They should be an all-around-athlete copywriter and conceptual wordsmith that can think holistically to drive and lead CRM and monetization efforts. They will be a strategic thinker with a passion for turning consumer insights into unexpected creative output. In return, they will have the rare opportunity to help shape and grow a global brand and make it a part of culture.
What You’ll Do:
As Creative Lead, CRM at Honey, you will:
- Concept and develop high performing email campaigns based upon timely consumer insights
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define the communications strategy (insights + key messaging)
- Find opportunities to engage and cultivate a relationship with our tens of millions of Honey members
- Be a hands-on copy expert and crafter, shaping the work for quality and effectiveness, and owning how we speak and communicate with our users
- Actively seek opportunities to build the brand and business beyond the current brief
- Must have an online portfolio of work that showcases big ideas and smart creative ads that drive results
- Multiple examples of high performing, creative email campaigns
- 6+ years experience working in an agency or in-house agency
- Mindset: Candidate should thrive on and feel fulfilled by ideas that effectively grow a business
- An exceptional command of language, a concept-driven wordsmith (Bonus for those that know how to use Photoshop or editing tools)
- A keen understanding of the needs, motivations and aspirations of your audiences, so that you can speak to them in the most effective, compelling, engaging way possible
- Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Energy, a sense of humor, and an open & curious mind (yes, these things really do matter)
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.