Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders - so people and businesses can send, spend and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. Our priority is creating an environment where people of all lived experiences can thrive. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we always prioritise “culture add” over “culture fit”.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a talented copywriter to support our growing Brand & Creative and CRM teams in London.
We have a small but growing copywriting team that lives as part of a larger Brand and Creative team, including creative operations, content strategy, creative design, conceptual creative, and video.
We work closely with our partners across the marketing organisation to feed their channels with fantastic creative that drives growth and teaches us about our customers. You’ll be interested as much in the people we serve with our product as you are in the craft of copywriting, and excited to learn what works best in reaching and engaging them.
You’ll be working closely with our fantastic CRM team - a team that is all about creating added value for our customers through delivering first-class communications - via email , push notifications and in-product messages. These are a key part of helping our customers make the most of their Wise account and avoid terrible exchange rates from traditional banks.
You’ll work side-by-side with product managers, designers, and analysts to understand problems, explore ideas, and put something great in front of our customers.
What will you be doing?
- We’re looking for someone who understands product and marketing slang and can translate that into customer-friendly copy that helps customers make the most of their Wise accounts.
- Writing compelling and actionable copy that consistently employs our tone of voice - direct, clear and transparent; make things easy, no matter the situation and always put our customers at the centre of everything we say - whether it’s a transactional, lifecycle or marketing message.
- Propose or support copy requests for multivariate tests to optimise our campaigns
- Tailor copy to suit different audience types
- Working closely with the rest of the Brand and Creative team to deliver best-in-class copy that excites our users and supports their needs and expectations.
- Leverage analytics reporting to optimise copy that drives continuous improvement
- Guiding our team in their localisation efforts to bring our messages to global audiences.
- Distilling complex financial concepts into copy that’s fantastically straight-forward and delivering long-form, short-form, buttons, headlines along the way.
- Working with other stakeholders to create, maintain and optimise our messaging hub
- Creating and maintaining a copywriting guide that helps other stakeholders create consistent copy for our communications.
What do you need to bring with you?
- A craft for helping customers make sense of complex product and marketing terminologies through friendly and clear copy.
- Experience writing conversion-driven CRM copy for emails, push notifications and in-product messages.
- A pragmatic, common-sense approach to writing, with a good understanding of design and UX.
- Versatility — you’ll be just as happy writing and editing a 10-email lifecycle journey as you are crafting a 2 word CTA, or writing a crisis email at short notice. And you’ll have a portfolio to show it.
- Some experience of developing and running copy training, preferably in a regulated industry.
- Can-do attitude with strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills, a keen eye for details, and a problem-solving attitude.
- Openness to feedback as a way to learn, refine, and get better.
What do we offer:
- Salary: 30000 GBP - 55000 GBP
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our London office