The Marketing Copywriter will focus on developing messaging strategies, writing marketing and other communications copy and coordinating major marketing projects for Embraer’s marketing and communications team. This position will also coordinate Embraer’s email marketing strategies and be responsible for the development and execution of email campaigns.
- Engage in fact-finding exercises and collaborate with different business units to identify strategic, high-level messaging for the brand, convert the brand strategy into the brand voice, tone and brand differentiation.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, in collaboration with the marketing team, graphic designer and ad agencies. Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts
- Proven experience with writing effective headlines, call to actions, persuasive copy. Create slogans, catchphrases and messages to help position the aircraft in the market
- Maintain a watchful eye on the big picture, even while managing the minutiae
- Collaborate with other team members to assist with translating technical information into engaging copy and marketing content
- Interact with project team to understand business objectives and audience demographics. Collaborate with creative team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of branding and advertising initiatives.
- Write clear, persuasive, compelling original copy. Deliver on-strategy, proofed copy for web pages, e-blasts, blogs, banner ads, print ads and other media. Adjust copy as needed per media vehicle.
- Take active role in monitoring the effectiveness of the copy and adjusting the copy to improve results. Constantly track and analyze copy against KPIs to refine and optimize content strategies. Monitor copy effectiveness and adjust copy to improve results.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style
- Maintaining high standards of copywriting and exercising quality control on all copy
- Proofreading other contributor’s copy
- Bring forward best practices and proven advertising copy ideas
- Provide typography advice as needed
- Monitor trends in the industry to ensure the messages remain relevant and appropriate.
- Exhibit a consistent top-notch grip of grammar
- Develop, test and implement email marketing strategies and campaigns
- Develop email marketing journeys including custom content and automation
- Experience with Salesforce and Pardot platforms in developing email marketing campaigns
- Adjust and develop HTML code as needed to support email marketing activities
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, journalism or marketing & communications
- Email marketing and/or digital marketing certifications desirable.
- 5+ years of copywriting experience in brand or product marketing
- 2+ years of email marketing coordination
- Experience with luxury and lifestyle brands preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with business aviation desired
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Know what copy buttons to push to drive action
- Strong understanding of marketing communication, advertising principles and what makes an effective copy
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied projects and diverse audiences
- Experience with strategic brainstorming, campaign development, and creative execution
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking and acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- Sound understanding of graphic design and a keen appreciation of the interplay between textual and visual elements.
- Openness to constructive criticism and flexibility with regards to adaptation and modification
- Creative concepts skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Salesforce.com and Pardot skills