For more than 75 years, Highlights for Children has been at the forefront of children education with our coined term, Fun with a Purpose! We believe Children are the Worlds Most Important People. We help children become their best selves by publishing content and creating experiences that engage, delight, and foster joyful learning.
As an Email Marketing Coordinator at Highlights for Children, this person will be a functional expert at all things email execution. The ideal candidate will bring passion, curiosity, and creativity to the day-to-day execution within the email channel including project management and reporting – and will support the development of email strategy insights and analysis. This position will require you to collaborate cross-functionally to create alignment with other marketing channels: Digital Marketing including social, site, search, and affiliate, as well as Print and Brand marketing to deliver an omnichannel experience for our customer. This role requires a high level of organization, strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities at once.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Serve as the go to day-to-day project coordinator for email campaign initiatives including brand, promo, and trigger, and transactional communications.
- Ensure smooth and timely completion of email marketing projects
- Support Email Marketing Manager with execution of email marketing strategy including but not limited to segmenting, building, proofing, deploying and reporting on all team email content & communications. Work with Email Marketing Manager on planning and logistics for all channel activities. Maintain wireframes documents, segmentation plans and calendars.
- Participate in creative review and proofing for email assets. Review and provide feedback focused on email performance optimization and ensuring industry best practices.
- Conduct competitive patterning in collaboration with Customer Insights Team to keep pace with emerging trends and key competitors, and craft recommendations for channel improvement.
- Lead tactical and executional support for multiple email campaigns. Ensure proper UTM and document tagging. Partner with vendors on executional requirements to ensure seamless integration between Highlights and external partner teams.
- Act as Email channel representative and lead execution of project plans and deadlines in a collaborative manner to achieve all marketing objectives in a timely manner.
- Leverage the subscriber database to inform email segmentation and work closely with business analytics to ensure accurate and actionable reporting including weekly and monthly email performance reports, ad hoc analysis requests. Track email asset performance in cross-functional documents to inform and optimize email creative.
- Previous knowledge of segmented customer journey/nurture campaigns and dynamic personalized creative a plus
What you should show up ready to do on your first day:
- Bring your passion for the Highlights mission, and be ready to absorb as much about the business and the email channel as possible.
Within Your First Month, You’ll
- Understand the details/requirements needed to kick off a month of email planning and where those details are entered in the project planning process.
Within Your First Year, You’ll
- Be an expert in email execution while gaining a full understanding of the email strategy needed to support the financial goals of each business unit. Develop an understanding of Highlights product assortment and strategic initiatives.
Education And Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Analytics, Business Administration, related field, and/or equivalent professional experience of 1-2 years of proven experience in digital marketing; familiarity with CAN-SPAM compliant email marketing a plus
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability and eagerness to jump into the work
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to consistently hit deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skill – proven experience of presenting data to a non-technical audience
- Comfortable with web and customer analytics
- Ability to balance multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Skilled at collaborating with internal and external business partners
- Experience interpreting data and harnessing it to inform strategy
What Highlights Can Offer You
- Free Fridays and Meeting-Free Zone
- Parental Leave of Absence
- Growing Family Benefits
- Care & Compassion Benefit
- Highlight Helps
- 401K Match Program, 100% Vested Immediately
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Humana EAP Program
- Calm – Mental Health Fitness
- Volunteer Time Off