Company: Harlequin Enterprises ULC
Department: Harlequin Brand Group
Reporting To: Manager, Email and Content Marketing
Status: Regular Full Time
Location: 22 Adelaide Street West, Toronto (currently working remotely but will need to commute to the office when it reopens)
We celebrate and support the differences that make each of us unique, striving to create a welcoming workplace that ensures everyone has a voice and are able to do their best work. We welcome all applicants, including those who identify with groups that are traditionally underrepresented in the publishing industry including, but not limited to, Black, Indigenous, and people of colour, and members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community, and persons with disabilities. Join us, and share your story.
As a member of the Digital Capabilities team, the Coordinator, Email Marketing is responsible for the execution of Harlequin’s email marketing programs. They are also responsible for implementing the Harlequin email strategy and test plan, maintaining the email program content schedule, and coordinating production of emails by gathering content, writing and editing copy, and obtaining copy approvals.
Email Marketing – 65%
• Working with the manager to assess strategy, plan and execute email programs
• Implement the Harlequin email strategy and test plans.
• Coordinate the production of emails by gathering content, writing copy, editing copy and obtaining copy approvals.
• Use SailThru (Email Service Provider) email templates, HTML coding and Canva to produce engaging and visually appealing newsletters.
Quality Control – 20%
• Follow established Quality Control processes and procedures
• Evaluate and proofread emails at each stage of production
• Provide Quality Control support to the Digital team
Analysis – 15%
• Review results from each email deployment.
Specific training or job experience required includes:
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in marketing and/or publishing.
• Working knowledge of HTML and Canva an asset.
• Strong computer skills, and ability to learn new systems and technical processes quickly.
• Strong written communication and copywriting skills.
• Strong time management, organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to work successfully both alone and within a team dynamic.
• Creative thinker with a drive for results.
• Detailed oriented.
• Harlequin product knowledge and familiarity with publishing industry an asset.
What's in It For You?
• The opportunity to be part of a company on the leading edge of publishing, working with a very talented team and exceptional books
• Remote work, flexible start/stop times
• Paid time off days and vacation allotment, starting at three weeks
• Flexible benefit plans to fit your needs and pension matching
• Various virtual social activities to keep you connected – we love trivia!
• Virtual author events and access to discounted books
• Working with passionate people!
About HarperCollins Canada and Harlequin
Harlequin is a leading publisher of commercial fiction and narrative nonfiction. We publish more than 100 titles a month that reach audiences globally. Encompassing highly recognizable imprints that span a broad number of genres, we are home to many award-winning New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling authors. Harlequin is a division of HarperCollins Publishers, the second-largest consumer book publisher in the world. Through HarperCollins’s global publishing program, Harlequin titles are published in 17 countries and 16 languages.
Known worldwide for the quality of its list, HarperCollins Canada is the proud home of many bestselling and award-winning authors, including Esi Edugyan, Heather O’Neill, and Lawrence Hill. It is our vision to publish the best books of our generation and to work with authors over the length and breadth of their careers. Our authors are at the centre of everything we do. In addition to the Canadian publishing program, HarperCollins Canada is responsible for the sales, marketing, and publicity of HarperCollins titles from around the globe.
HarperCollins Canada and Harlequin are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to equal employment opportunities. Employment decisions are based on job requirements and the skills, knowledge, and experience of the candidate, regardless of any other factors unrelated to job performance. We are also committed to ensuring that the accessibility needs of candidates and employees are considered and accommodated during the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.