What started as the result of a hackathon in 2014 is now the world’s #1 Instagram marketing platform. Later was built on the idea that social media management should be easy, quick, and affordable. Our mission is to help small businesses and entrepreneurs create and grow their businesses online. Six years and millions of users later, we’re still going strong.
We’re looking for people who can help us build something great for our customers — from content writers, designers to developers. So if you’re the kind of person who really cares about making something meaningful, then keep reading.
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble, and have a great sense of humor. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
What you will be doing
Later is the all-in-one social marketing platform for the top social networks.
Later is looking for an excellent communicator and strategic thinker to join our content marketing team as a Content Marketing Specialist dedicated to our email channel. If you have strong writing skills, a drive to build an online community through email, and a deep understanding of how to optimize email strategy, this is the job for you!
The Later team has grown immensely in the last year, and we’re looking for someone to help scale our newsletter and email channel with awesome, relevant, and educational content. We’re looking for someone who can communicate the value of social media to our audience, promote our Later library of online articles and resources, and use engaging copy to convert newsletter readers into loyal Later customers.
Part of the Content team and reporting to the Editorial Manager, the Content Marketing Specialist (Email) will plan, create, and edit engaging newsletters for the Later audience.
Later’s bi-weekly newsletter has an audience of over 1.5M dedicated readers, who rely on our content to help build their social strategy. Your role will require you to take the newsletter strategy to the next level, build a hyper-engaged email community, and deliver best in class content as part of the wider marketing strategy.
You will also be responsible for strategically building conversion-orientated email campaigns to help reach Later’s traffic and conversion goals. As part of the role, you will be creating content for different email segments that support specific goals. You will also look at historic email performance to make data-driven content strategy recommendations.
This is a great growth opportunity for a strategic thinker with strong writing and email marketing skills who is looking to gain experience in content marketing.
- Develop and own the execution of Later’s newsletter strategy
- Create engaging email content for our Newsletter marketing, and own the copy creation of email nurture funnels for wider marketing tactics
- Work closely with the Editorial Manager to connect with audiences with timely and topical content based on the Content team’s production calendar
- Collaborate with wider marketing teams to communicate other business priorities (eg. live events, product launches etc) with our newsletter audience
- Partner closely with the Email Marketing team to execute lead nurture and wider email marketing campaigns
- Develop personalised content that speaks to core Later users for segmented audiences
- Lead the creative briefing process for newsletter marketing
- Works closely with the Creative Team to ensure smooth and timely delivery of email assets
- Coordinates with Email & Editorial team leads on Newsletter Content Calendar execution
- Test, QA, and optimise Newsletter Campaigns ensuring communications to our audiences are on-brand, relevant and informative.
- Build detailed reports on Newsletter performance and present learnings to Editorial Manager, and senior managers and stakeholders.
- Supports Email, Content Marketing and wider Marketing teams with key projects to drive business objectives
- 3+ years of experience creating, writing, editing and testing engaging email marketing content (newsletters, email campaigns, nurture funnels etc)
- You have a strong and strategic understanding of email marketing and how to use it to grow an online community and reach traffic and conversion goals.
- You have a solid understanding of social media marketing and know how to translate detailed information into bite-sized copy suitable for email audiences.
- You are quietly obsessed with email marketing best practices and have a hunger to test and analyse content performance
- You are able to juggle multiple tasks to keep on top of a busy content calendar and meet deadlines
- You are a creative thinker who is comfortable working both independently and in a team environment.
- You embrace feedback and have a constant desire to learn and improve
- How small businesses use social media is your jam -- you love to see SMBs and creators grow in social and you’re quick to spot a new trend or growth tactic on email and social
- Bonus if you have experience writing for SaaS companies!
How to Apply
We want to see your awesome email marketing in action, so please apply with your resume and links to various writing samples or your online portfolio.
We are looking for a strategic, conversion-oriented email content marketer, so please try to include those types of examples.
A Note About Later’s Remote Culture
Our marketing team is primarily remote, with team members working in California, Florida, Vancouver, Toronto, London, Singapore, and Dublin.
For this role, we will only be hiring within Later’s hubs of Toronto, or London, UK. Your manager will be based in London, UK.
We have a Later HQ in Vancouver, Canada but due to COVID-19 restrictions, the entire company will be working remotely so you should be comfortable communicating with your team over Slack and video calls. By the end of 2022, our goal is to move to a hybrid working model to offer the flexibility of working remotely from a hub city and connecting in person.
- We are passionate about learning and development, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training and workshops. We also provide each employee with a $3000 per year Education & Conference budget.
- We provide our employees with a monthly Wellness Spending Account, to help cover costs related to fitness equipment, personal training, gym memberships, or health and wellness practitioners.
- We provide our team with a generous technology bonus and provide the tools you need to succeed in your role.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family.
- We offer flexible working hours & schedules so you can work around school and home commitments.
- We offer parental leave top-ups, family forming support, and a life-transitions program to ensure you and your family are well supported when returning to work
- We provide a variety of workshops, meditation, and yoga at our monthly Wellness Wednesday events to help our team perform at their best.
- All departments have quarterly department team building activities
- We fly all employees in or out to join us at our fun-filled annual company retreat.
- Later values diversity of thought; we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or age.