Content Email Marketing Manager
This job has been closed. You cannot apply anymore.
3 years of experience
40 hours per week
Paid maternity/paternity leave
The Content/Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for writing inspiring blog posts, executing of campaigns, generating innovative content and coordinate activities across all online and offline marketing functions, with a focus on content marketing & demand generation. You will be in charge of attracting site traffic, converting that traffic into new leads for the businesses, and nurturing those leads to close into customers, the latter of which the admissions department will help you accomplish.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and manage campaigns for our marketing team that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, emails, white papers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, social channels etc.).
- Create high-converting landing pages for both our website and PPC landing pages. This includes writing the sales copy, designing the pages, and oversee the actual execution of the page.
- Create high-converting follow up email sequences in Hubspot. This includes planning out the flow and logic of the various sequences and how they will work with each other, writing the email copy, designing the email templates, and using Hubspot data to analyze areas for improvement.
- Manage lead generation, including technical execution of forms on Wordpress sites and Hubspot landing pages.
- Use 3rd-party software such as Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Hubspot, Hotjar, and Instapage to evaluate performance of landing pages and identify areas of improvement.
- Constantly A/B test calls-to-action across all bootcamp properties to ensure we are getting maximum output.
- Oversee all lead generation content such as downloadable course guides, whitepapers, videos, etc. This involves the ideation of that content, copywriting, design, and creation.
- Work closely with the education staff to ensure that all public-facing educational content (website, blog posts, course guides, emails, etc) are up-to-date and optimized for a great user experience.
- Use data from internal dashboards and work closely with the Admissions Department to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns leads into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager to oversee the search engine optimization (SEO) strategy for both Hackbright and Devmountain to ensure properties are seeing organic growth. This includes performing regular site audits, staying up-to-date with industry trends and search algorithms, implementing on-site changes, and monitoring company search visibility.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Admissions teams to identify needed blog posts, landing pages, and Help Center articles.
- Work closely with Social Media and Communications Manager to analyze data and insights for content creation that will supplement social media content and online discussions.
- Work with development team to fix website bugs, typos, broken links, mobile issues, 404 pages, missing/broken tags, and any other problems that could affect negatively affect our website performance.
- Write and manage the company blogs to ideate and create content, grow traffic to blog posts, expand overall reach, and ultimately convert readers into leads.
- Ensure that all sharable content is optimized with up-to-date SEO data for social media networks.
- Responsible for connecting various platforms and products together either via Devmountain’s development team or using 3rd-party platforms such as Zapier.
- Work directly with the Social Media & Communications manager to create copy for any outreach or PR efforts.
- Setup and monitor all goal tracking efforts for all leads and web pages to ensure that all inbound marketing efforts are being properly measured.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to conduct customer, competitor, and product research and use that data to enhance our marketing messaging.
- Collaborate with video marketing team to create content that will supplement your inbound marketing efforts.
- Minimum 3-5 years of content marketing or inbound marketing experience.
- Experience with Hubspot is required.
- Strong communication skills. You’ll be doing a lot of communication with internal staff, students/alumni, and vendors via Slack, email, and phone.
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our business' mission.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale our marketing efforts.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Must have strong experience in creating and analyzing landing pages, calls-to-action, and email marketing campaigns.
- Experience with using Slack for team communication.
- Experience with Asana or other project management software is preferred.
- Intermediate experience with Google Analytics is required.
- Strong understanding of SEO and the latest industry trends.
- Strong understanding of the latest UX principles and trends.
- Ability to design graphics and documents using Adobe products such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to organize and analyze data with Excel/Google Spreadsheets.
- Thirst for knowledge and constantly reading, studying and testing new and better ways to increase leads.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- From an accredited institution; Bachelor’s degree required
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
1550 W Digital Dr