BARBRI Global is a global learning company dedicated to meeting the legal education and specialized training needs of law students, attorneys, and other professionals throughout their careers. Building on the success of its core bar courses, which have helped more than 1.3 million lawyers around the world pass a U.S. bar exam, BARBRI offers a comprehensive suite of learning solutions for higher education institutions and law-related businesses.
BARBRI Global is also the leading provider of legal education materials and digital learning solutions ranging from law school courses to topical overviews authored by distinguished law faculty and award-winning teachers. BARBRI's comprehensive portfolio covers products for U.S. bar prep, LSAT prep, curriculum, assessment, global license preparation, online program management, legal education materials, and professional development. BARBRI Global, founded in 1967, is a Francisco Partners portfolio company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
BARBRI is seeking a strategic individual who is interested in an opportunity to work within a world-class marketing department. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing email campaigns in HubSpot and/or Marketo and possesses the ability to navigate, understand, and leverage a complex database. They will help to optimize a best-in-class email marketing program and lead the charge around the execution of our nurturing and segmentation strategy. They will be a key member of the team, working to execute successful email programs/campaigns that will help to drive revenue by attracting, nurturing and retaining B2C customers in the U.S. law school market and key markets worldwide.
- Work cross-functionally within marketing, sales and operations to build and execute impactful email strategies and campaigns that leverage best practices and dynamic new tactics in alignment with our marketing strategy
- Work closely with internal and external partners to develop targeted, on-brand communications to attract, nurture, acquire and retain multiple audience segments
- Create new and update existing email content; edit the content written by others
- Build and deploy automated emails and workflows using HubSpot and/or Marketo
- Manage email lists and audience segmentation to ensure relevant, personalized messaging
- Ensure that lists are up-to-date. Collaborate with operations to maintain/improve database and list hygiene
- Analyze email campaign performance data and make recommendations for optimizations and improvements
- Perform thorough quality assurance testing of emails to ensure they render correctly across various devices and email clients
- Collaborate within marketing to help optimize integrated digital marketing campaigns to drive results and maximize ROI across channels. In addition to email, channels include organic/paid social, SEO/SEM, retargeting/display, events/webinars, blogs, print
- Love using data to create new customer engagement and conversion strategies
- Continuously test and optimize email campaigns to improve engagement and conversion rates
- Evaluate emerging tactics and techniques. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption as appropriate
- Ensure email campaigns comply with email marketing best practices and legal requirements
- Contribute to a master calendar that aligns targeted marketing and sales efforts with marketing campaigns
- Be a brand advocate by ensuring all tactics/campaigns reflect the BARBRI brand and audience preferences
- Customer-centric, proactive and strategic in identifying ways to nurture or engage various audience segments
- Self-starter who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to lead cross-functional team projects as well as individually execute tactics
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing and persuasion skills; ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization and work within a team
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities
- Strong writing skills with the ability to edit existing content, review new content written by others or develop original content
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude yet willing to question status quo in order to improve marketing programs
- This individual will primarily work remotely and should have the flexibility to work with individuals around the world in various time zones
- Comfortable handling a demanding workload and a high level of responsibility
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or another related field required. MBA, MS or JD (Juris Doctor) a bonus.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience creating and deploying successful segmented/targeted email marketing programs/initiatives and campaigns for a national brand, product or equivalent experience. Some basic or working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred
- Up to date on the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing
- Strong understanding of email marketing best practices and legal requirements
- Experience working with marketing automation platforms including report creation, campaign creation and measurement, UTM tracking codes, etc.
- Experience creating, deploying and managing email, automated email/workflows and marketing programs/campaigns preferably in HubSpot and/or Marketo
- Experience managing projects and content with content management tools such as ClickUp/Wrike a plus
- Ability to work with complex data sets to create and manage email lists and segmentation
- Experience creating data strategies to optimize reach, frequency and overall customer experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data to optimize email campaigns
- Ability to translate data into ideas and a track record of making data-driven decisions
- Proficiency with A/B testing to improve email performance
- Experience writing and editing email and/or other content
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write English
If you are a self-motivated individual who is passionate about content and email marketing and has a proven track record of success with marketing automation platforms, particularly HubSpot and/or Marketo, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to an extensive benefits package featuring generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company.
We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will be done remotely/work-from-home on a full-time basis.