The Assistant Director is responsible for building, targeting, and sending all emails for the Children's National Hospital Foundation email marketing program. Ensures that design and layouts of emails are optimized, user and mobile-friendly and they will work to improve relationships with donors and expand the reach to build a fundraising pipeline. Collaborates with the editorial, design and data teams to drive the organization to become a leader in the email and E-commerce space. The Assistant Director works closely with the Senior Director, Direct Response Marketing to identify and develop strategic opportunities to engage with constituents and visitors and attract additional supporters. Applies best practices and find new opportunities to improve the use of email/SMS to support the foundation's cultivation, prospecting and stewardship priorities. Helps integrate and implement the marketing strategy across all of the foundation's programs and services to improve upon the overall digital marketing program.
Bachelor's Degree Computer science, business, marketing or related field (Required)
A combination of education and experience can substitute for education requirement
Minimum Work Experience
4 years Experience with a best-in-class organization possessing a strong online presence (Required)
4 years Designing and coding best-in-class responsive emails using HTML and CSS in an email management system preferably Luminate Online (Required)
- Serve as the lead email strategist for internal clients; include shaping narrative, campaign plans, segmentation strategy as well as tactical implementation.
- Expand scope of the email program; work with internal stakeholders and the hospital web team to analyze the performance of the email channel and identify opportunities to leverage digital opportunities and drive growth strategies.
- Establish and manage master email communications calendar and measure all foundation messages to maximize impact and relevancy.
- Develop strategy to integrate disparate E-commerce platforms into one engine; develop KPIs for measuring ongoing success.?
- Build and deliver year-round online direct marketing/constituent engagement (CRM) strategies to grow email and E-commerce revenue and retention.
- Improve the strategic use of email in support of major giving and other areas, in addition to annual giving.
- Manage email production, design, segmentation, and distribution to serve internal clients and meet the needs of donors and other constituents.
- Direct email marketing and E-commerce team on the implementation and budgeting for online direct programs to achieve financial goals, and evaluate results of all e-Marketing and E-commerce programs.
- In partnership with digital vendors, identify innovative, new opportunities for the email channel.
- Develop a process for the review of all email requests and content for approval.
- Identify and recommend email and E-commerce industry best practices.?
- Edit and draft email creative that is compelling, effective, and consistent with unified messaging.
- Execute the email production process, include building responsive HTML emails and landing pages as well as develop email segmentation groups.
- Support fundraising and stewardship staff to improve the success of their outreach by applying best practices in content, design, segmentation, and functionality .
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility