For over 140 years, The Washington Post has been an authoritative news source on political, social, and economic issues. We were founded as a daily print publication serving the Washington, D.C. area, covering presidents and politics from the heart of America’s capital city. Today, The Washington Post is a rapidly growing, digital-first news source with worldwide reach.
With subscribers in over 180 countries, The Post is increasingly catering to readers looking for trustworthy journalism and thoughtful analysis on U.S. issues, as well as fresh perspectives on stories that are defining a changing world. Over the years, The Post has experienced a significant increase in traffic and subscriptions across various platforms and channels. The increased data volume and velocity coupled with new sources and complexity has created new challenges. To address these challenges and gain maximum benefits from our data, we are creating an Integrated Customer Data Platform by stitching data signals from various data sources. This integrated customer data will be used to power various marketing and personalization efforts via enhanced workflows, automations, and data activations via homegrown and vendor platforms. We are calling this initiative WaPo360.
The Lifecycle Marketing team is one of the first subscriptions marketing teams powered by the WaPo360 initiative. We are seeking a Campaign Automation Manager (CRM) to join the Lifecycle Marketing team and serve as a close partner to the WaPo360 team. You will be responsible for building audiences and mapping customer journeys for marketing campaigns focused on the acquisition, engagement, and retention of The Post subscribers. You have a keen attention to detail, analytical mindset, and can work effectively across stakeholders to reach a consensus.
- You want to support and influence the strategies driving subscriptions marketing at The Post.
- You are interested in learning how to affect customer behavior through marketing campaigns.
- You will have the opportunities to work on multiple projects and deliver impactful results.
- You have an analytical mindset and an aptitude for communicating data-driven insights.
- You are energized by problem-solving and determined to find solutions for difficult problems.
- You understand how to manage competing priorities and can collaborate with relevant teams to reach a consensus when necessary.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to capture requirements, maintain clear and accurate feature documentation, and create customer stories.
- Map user journeys to identify gaps and opportunities in the customer experience across all touchpoints within Lifecycle Marketing campaigns.
- Develop key audiences in WaPo360 to drive the customer journeys that expand and engage the subscriber base.
- Ability to operationalize and monitor performance of automated marketing journeys to enable business success.
- Collaborate with product, engineering and data teams to ensure marketing journeys are operational and successful and take immediate expedited actions in case of failures.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and external vendors to quality check the campaigns and ensure it meets the teams’ needs.
- Ability to clearly communicate and write technical and campaign requirements for execution.
- Ensure that the campaign strategies and customer experiences are aligned with the larger marketing and business goals.
- Serve as the customer journey expert on the Lifecycle Marketing team, with an audience-focused approach to subscriber engagement.
- 3+ years of experience in campaign management, building customer journeys, and auditing journeys to ensure quality control.
- Experience in creating and evolving customer journeys is a must.
- Experience working with a Customer Data Platform (CDP) or a similar marketing automation system is preferred.
- Strong analytics skills and ability to think strategically to optimize campaign performance.
- High competency in project management, a dedicated attention to detail, and ability to act autonomously to problem solve.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate efficiently across multiple stakeholders.
- Preferred: Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, digital analytics tools, and marketing tools to measure the impact of marketing campaigns and identify audience insights.
Wherever you are in your life or career, The Washington Post offers comprehensive and inclusive benefits for every step of your journey:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company-paid pension and 401(k) match
- Three weeks of vacation and up to three weeks of paid sick leave
- Nine paid holidays and two personal days
- 20 weeks paid parental leave for any new parent
- Robust mental health resources
- Backup care and caregiver concierge services
- Gender affirming services
- Pet insurance
- Free Post digital subscription
- Leadership and career development programs
Benefits may vary based on the job, full-time or part-time schedule, location, and collectively bargained status.
The Washington Post includes salary ranges for certain positions to comply with local pay transparency laws.
The salary range for this position is: 67,400.00 - 112,300.00 USD Annual
The actual salary within this range will depend on individual skills, experience, and qualifications as they relate to specific job requirements. This position may be eligible for a bonus or incentive program, and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will discuss bonus payment terms and conditions during the interview process.