The B2B Email Marketing Manager
ANALYTICAL | B2B GURU | COLLABORATIVE TEAM-MATE
A Cloud Guru is looking for an experienced B2B Email Marketing Guru to join our newly formed Demand Generation team in our Marketing Department. This role will report into our Director of B2B Demand Generation and collaborate closely with our sales team. We are looking for someone who thrives c ollaborating with creative, content, and marketing operations teams to develop, deliver and optimize best-of-breed nurture campaigns!
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud skills development platform on the planet. We make engaging online training packed with personality and slick presentation for an experience more like firing up Netflix, less like a stuffy classroom. W e are 100% grounded in what's right for the customer and the customer experience. That gives us the confidence to be bolder, more playful, and more genuine than other companies. At ACG you never feel like you have to take a shower at the end of the day to wash the compromises off.
What makes the Marketing team awesome...
We’re always looking for creative ways to go above and beyond ‘good enough.’ It’s all about giving our students a little bit more joy in any way we can. You have the chance to p lay around with a brand that understands the value of not being stuffy and corporate, even on the business side. Everyone is receptive and encouraging of new ideas. There’s a lot of creativity and bouncing ideas off of each other. We believe everyone brings value. It’s refreshing and energizing to be in a collaborative environment like that.
The people who really shine at ACG are the ones who are able to be their awesome, kind, helpful, vulnerable, unique selves. We celebrate our differences, our quirks, our obsessions, and we're stronger for it. - Doogs, Scale Modeling Guru (and Senior Copywriter)
As a B2B Email Marketing Manager at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Set the strategy, campaigns, and execution of ACG’s B2B prospect email marketing programs
- Collaborate with creative, content, and marketing operations teams to develop, deliver and optimize best-of-breed nurture campaigns
- Continuously iterate and innovate, owning the segmentation, targeting, emails, and landing pages through conversion
We are looking for someone who can:
- Partner with sales and enablement to optimize email programs for full-funnel performance to sales-qualified opportunities and bookings
- Partner with marketing operations to optimize cadences, content, and scoring to move more prospects to MQL faster
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 3 years of demonstrable B2B email marketing experience preferably in a content marketing driven organization
- Deep understanding of segmentation, targeting, and relevance
- Deep knowledge of email ecosystems — responsive templates; deliverability; compliance; landing pages
- Strong quantitative skills and reasoning — data-driven decision making around conversion and velocity
- Accountability to outcomes — MQLs, SQOs, and bookings
- Experience leveraging marketing automation — preferably Marketo
- Experience with email signature marketing — preferably Sigstr/Terminus
- Bonus working with sales teams on sales cadences — preferably Outreach
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEO
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.