Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves.
Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone.
If you have ambitions to be a part of building a Best in Class organization, the Samsung Mobile B2C Group is the place to be. Samsung Mobile B2C offers a combination of enterprise offerings across our mobile product portfolio. We continue to grow our Enterprise mobile portfolio by providing the most innovative offerings in the market, and our dedication to Market Disruption makes this the destination company for the world’s top talent. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you have a strong desire to break down barriers, be creative, and drive transformational value in the market place this is the place to be.
Samsung is seeking an Email Marketing Manager to join our growing Mobile Marketing B2B team. You will be responsible for developing full cycle CRM and Email strategies for B2B customer engagement, sales and acquisition for our Mobile group including Galaxy Phones, Tablets, PCs and Wearables. You will own the development, deployment and performance reporting of all B2B mobile email campaigns supporting product launches, ecomm store activities and learning nurture streams.
The B2B Email Marketing Manager is responsible for design and flawless execution of advanced marketing engagement programs. You will responsible in driving customer engagement and must be an expert in lead acquisition and segmentation strategies. You will work closely with multiple stakeholders within the marketing team and well as sales and product teams to align with business needs while ensuring our messaging and engagement strategy stays true to a persona-based personalized experience that drive ecomm sales and sales-ready leads.
You will also be responsible for timely execution of customer promotional emails and triggered life cycle marketing programs.
We are looking for a highly-motivated candidate that is marketing-first but understands how to best leverage technology to develop email marketing programs that resonate and engage with our target audience.
This candidate should have demonstrated experience with Eloqua, Adobe and Salesforce.com to design, implement and test email lifecycle marketing programs, lead-nurturing programs, lead scoring, prospect/customer segmentation, and automated communications programs. You will need to gain deep insights through data and translate them into actionable insights/tactics that influence all integrated marketing activities.
The ideal candidate will also possess an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to seize opportunities early, delegate responsibility, take initiative, handle emergencies effectively, understand divisional goals, strategies and communicate with people at different organizational levels.
Role and Responsibilities
- Campaign Strategy and Management: Responsible for designing and deploying email marketing campaigns that nurture prospects, creative asset management, segmentation and lead scoring, and scheduling email campaigns. These need to be personalized, scalable, automated marketing campaigns.
- Design and implement high impact and personalized multi-channel marketing programs to generate qualified leads across vertical industries.
- Partner with the product, insights, content, and sales team to create compelling nurture paths for different personas, and constantly iterate and test to drive improvement.
- Partner with our Data and Digital teams to identify methods of leveraging customer data, develop campaigns/journeys.
- Lead Database Management: Responsible for the maintenance, data integrity and the growth of our lead database. Lead data cleansing initiatives and data synchronization across our platforms. Ability to troubleshoot data inconsistencies between databases. Define, implement, maintain and document marketing automation best practices including list management, optimization, data quality, hygiene and troubleshooting.
- Marketing Systems Infrastructure: Responsible for the implementation and management of marketing platforms and systems including Eloqua, (Oracle-based) CRM platform, Adobe, MovableInk, Wunderkind, Salesforce.com and other value added applications.
- Campaign Reporting: Manage the development of dashboards and reporting on demand generation campaigns to track effectiveness, lead pipeline, funnel advancement, conversions on marketing campaigns and ROI to identify successes and enhancement opportunities.
- Work across a diverse set of stakeholders within our mobile marketing organization, ecomm team and the B2B business leadership to ensure vision and strategy align with the business needs while delivering on business goals.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
- 6+ years’ experience with B2B Marketing communications or customer engagement with strong knowledge of management and execution of multi-touch email nurturing and lead generation campaigns (required).
- Deep understanding of the marketing technology stack, including marketing automation, email service providers and CRM; interest in getting under the hood to bend the technology to your will.
- Prior experience in working with an email service provider, managing a daily email/SMS campaign and reporting on results is required.
- Experience with A/B testing, messaging, and post-campaign analysis.
- Certified as an Eloqua preferred.
- Salesforce.com or related CRM experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of data capture and hygiene strategies.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Excellent project management and communication skills with the ability to balance rigorous attention to details with swift execution.
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Review detailed product development, marketing documents and media materials as needed.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve customer business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometime vaguely defined objectives.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position.
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualify for an exemption.