As one of our automated email marketing developers, you will be hands-on implementing, deploying, and supporting automated marketing solutions, which involve aggregating multiple sources of data to create and/or send targeted, specific messages through multiple channels. You’ll work closely with account teams and translate marketing expectations into solutions that meet or exceed client goals. You are part data workflow strategist, part creative, and part coder.
The ideal candidate will have the desire to understand both the overarching goals and concepts of automations as well as the nuances of complex data. You must be able to find and extract data from any source available – spreadsheets, databases, text files, and modern cloud-based CRMs – as well as design and develop communication pieces such as emails, SMS messages, push notifications, and printed mail. In summary, you will drive effective solutions that support best practices in multiple platforms to execute campaigns for our clients.
- Be curious, creative and proactive
- Communicate clearly & often
- Know/use multiple delivery systems – Pardot, Campaign Monitor, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp – and related tools – Journeys, Drip strategies, Litmus, etc
- Own your code – clean, concise, efficient– and seek to improve it
- Test your code/emails
- Develop & meet budgets & timelines on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Be passionate about user experience
- Propose, explain, and "sell" improvements/enhancements
Great candidates enjoy
- Creative thinking, problem solving, and piecing together technical puzzles
- Learning new platforms and systems
- Coding from scratch, beyond applying and updating pre-built templates
- Managing details and running several simultaneous projects
- Handling graphics optimally and intelligently
- Working with CRMs, ESPs, and other marketing solutions such as Salesforce CRM, HubSpot, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Pardot, MailChimp, and CampaignMonitor
- Setting up and managing segments, contacts, reporting, app integration, and CRM integration
- Working with marketing stakeholders, designers, and developers
- Estimating time involvement in various projects
- Self-testing work to ensure best practices and highest quality
- Producing professional, graphically interesting emails
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field, or computer science
- Experience: One year in specifically related, hands-on automated email marketing programming
- Hands-on experience in producing effective automated marketing solutions (plan, build, test, edit, and deploy)
- Experience in evaluating and advising on the selection, implementation, updating, and management of new automation software
- Understand how to integrate and maintain the integrity of key systems – CRM, email service provider (ESP), website, blog, analytics, product database – to ensure seamless, consistent data flow within and between systems
- Effective competence with email specific HTML/CSS
- Demonstrated ability to use (or learn) AMPscript and basic SQL queries
- Ability and desire to learn new platforms and coding languages
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members and clients to align plans, solve problems, and deliver solutions that get results
- 401(k) Matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
In accordance with Michigan stay home orders, the majority of team ddm is working from home for the foreseeable future. As this crisis passes, the ideal candidate should have the ability to work at least part time in our Grand Rapids, MI office.
ddm & EOS Entrepreneurial Operating System
ddm is organized and gains traction through the EOS Entrepreneurial Operating System and you would be required to embrace this system and as a team member help fully implement its practice.
Some specifics from EOS that guide expectations of all team members:
- Understand our niche: Delivering extraordinary service and solutions to highly complex or regulated industries.
- Know our passion: Amaze Our Clients
- Exhibit our core values:
- Serve our clients tenaciously.
- Respect the team.
- Be curious – first ask why then tackle how.
- Run through the wall attitude.
- Deliver excellence, not excuses.
- Play up a level.