The Associate Marketing Specialist plays a key role in executing Quill’s Promotional and Awareness email and homepage campaign strategies, including subject line creation, mockup creation, content review, creating circulation rules/lists, validating the universe, trafficking, and deliverability monitoring. Ensures accurate, on-time execution of email and homepage marketing campaigns and assists in troubleshooting when required.
- Collaborates with multiple internal partners as well as external vendors to meet key deadlines and drive campaign performance.
- Performs thorough Campaign Testing and Quality Assurance including but not limited to ensuring all links are working, landing pages are updated, and clicks are landing on the appropriate page prior to every email and homepage ad deployment to ensure 100% accuracy
- Email subject line creation, testing and scheduling, testing with vendor(s)
- Assist the marketing managers with making selection criteria decisions based on knowledge of database and the marketing strategies
- Develop data audits to validate data quality.
- Perform data queries and analysis of database.
- Utilizes in-house and third-party web analytic tools to answer business questions and prepares weekly and monthly reporting on email and web performance.
- Communicates results to executives, internal business stakeholders, and external agencies.
- Makes recommendations based on objective data analysis.
- Educates internal partners on email and web marketing processes, systems and best practices, and participates in cross-functional project teams to launch new marketing initiatives.
- Daily monitoring of email KPIs to identify trends and results, looking for growth opportunities and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of marketing experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, especially Excel and Access
- Adaptable, flexible, proactive professional who can successfully navigate in a cross-functional/matrix environment, engaging business, creative and support teams as required to complete projects.
- Excellent time-management and project-management skills: This person will be constantly challenged to balance multiple initiatives, projects, and tasks.
- Self-starter: This person will own projects assigned to them, proactively identifying key milestones and managing to them, and generally requiring little day-to-day supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: This individual will interact with a variety of people, including cross-functional partners, external vendors, marketing managers and executives.
- Strong data orientation: Familiarity with web analytics and experience using an enterprise reporting tool, coupled with a strong desire to learn new tools and techniques.
- Ability to think critically, extrapolate actionable insights from quantitative analysis and communicate proposals across all organizational levels: This person needs to be able to formulate a point of view, support it with data, and express it persuasively in a collaborative setting.
- Desire to grow and learn about other areas of Marketing and the business, reaching beyond their comfort zone to try something new.
- Familiarity with general e-commerce processes and an understanding of tracking web marketing activity.
Primary Location: Lincolnshire, IL
OPEN TO REMOTELY LOCATED CANDIDATES
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.