Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is seeking an experienced email developer to join our Business Development team. The Associate Manager, Email Operationswill manage email communications across PMC’s entire portfolio of entertainment and fashion news sites, including Rolling Stone, Variety, WWD, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Deadline, Robb Report, SHE Media, ARTnews, and more.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family.
The Associate Manager, Email Operations will work with a diverse, highly visible, ever-growing team that is dedicated to delivering a quality experience to our subscribers. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, confident email developer, with a penchant for problem solving.
- Support the production and deployment of emails campaigns, including editorial, acquisition, third-party, and more
- Build, test, and deploy emails using Salesforce Marketing Cloud and WordPress
- Manage multiple projects with varying timelines, working with on-site and remote teams
- Assist with subscriber maintenance, including segmentations, database cleanup, etc.
- Work on development tickets pertaining to email operations
- Interact with sales teams in the creation and deployment of newsletters/journeys
- Collaborate with Audience Development team on email best practices and strategy for all PMC brands
- 2+ years working experience coding/building responsive emails (HTML, CSS, AMPscript a plus)
- Knowledge of email best practices and regulations
- Proficient in email distribution software (such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Sailthru, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
- Previous experience with inbox monitoring and various email clients
- Experience with subscriber segmentation and database management a plus
- Ability to work well with others both internally and externally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Adobe Photoshop skills helpful
- SQL query experience a plus
Typical wage range: $70k - $75k. Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
About Our Team:
The Business Development team is a leader in developing email and growth strategy for all of PMC's brands. We work closely with some of the entertainment, technology, and fashion industry’s most trusted brands. As a team member at PMC, your career will flourish. Working with a diverse group of smart and driven colleagues, you will enjoy an excellent work culture plus continuous growth and learning opportunities.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good www.pmc.com.