COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is seeking an experienced email developer to join our Business Development team. The Associate Manager, Email Operations will manage email communications across PMC’s entire portfolio of entertainment and fashion news sites, including Rolling Stone, Variety, WWD, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Deadline, Robb Report, IndieWire, SHE Media, ARTnews, and more.
In this role, you will work with a diverse, highly visible, ever-growing, team that is dedicated to delivering a quality experience to our subscribers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, confident, email developer, with a penchant for problem solving.
This position can be based in either our NYC or LA offices or can be remote in the following states:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Texas.
- Support the production and deployment of emails campaigns, including editorial, acquisition, third-party, and more
- Build, test, and deploy emails using Salesforce Marketing Cloud and WordPress
- Manage multiple projects with varying timelines, working with on-site and remote teams
- Assist with subscriber maintenance, including segmentations, database cleanup, etc.
- Work on development tickets pertaining to email operations
- Interact with sales teams in the creation and deployment of newsletters/journeys
- Collaborate with Audience Development team on email best practices and strategy for all PMC brands
- 3+ years working experience coding/building responsive emails (HTML, CSS, AMPscript a plus)
- Knowledge of email best practices and regulations
- Proficient in email distribution software (such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Sailthru, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
- Previous experience with inbox monitoring and various email clients
- Experience with subscriber segmentation and database management a plus
- Ability to work well with others both internally and externally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Adobe Photoshop skills helpful
- SQL query experience a plus
About Our Team:
The Business Development team is a leader in developing email and growth strategy for all of PMC's brands. We work closely with some of the entertainment, technology, and fashion industry’s most trusted brands. As a team member at PMC, your career will flourish. Working with a diverse group of smart and driven colleagues, you will enjoy an excellent work culture plus continuous growth and learning opportunities.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.